PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Mowbetta
12-14-2011, 06:20 AM
Hello everyone,
My name is Rob, l live in Tulsa. I used to be a LCO 10 years ago and really enjoyed it. I've worked at the post office for the last twenty years and I am in jearpody of getting laid off from that job. So, I thought this spring would be the perfect time to re-start my lawn business. Ive been snooping around this sight for awhile now. Lots of good info and everyone's so helpful.

Steve
12-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Who would have thought the post office would be laying off employees! I wouldn't have a few years ago, but now I wonder if it has a future!

What got you to stop running your lawn care business years ago?

Mowbetta
12-15-2011, 06:08 AM
Well my kids were 6 and 1 at the time. I wanted to coach my 6 year olds football team, so I did that until they were in junior high school.
When I joined the post office right out the army years ago, one of the selling points was "you can't get laid off"! Lol I'm not sure if I will get laid off or not, but I'm getting my ducks in a row so to speak.

Steve
12-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Oh well good for your!

How do you feel having the previous experience of running your lawn care business will help you get restarted this time? Do you feel it will make things a lot easier?

How are you going about getting things started up this time, differently than you had in the past?

Mowbetta
12-17-2011, 12:11 PM
I am going to keep my routes tighter, and not be as spread out. The other thing I will do different this time is concentrate on the middle and upper income accounts. Try to keep the lower income residentals to a minimum.

Steve
12-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Those are very good points and key issues to finding success faster.