PDA

View Full Version : Some Deals from a auction

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-12-2011, 05:59 PM
There was a estate auction down the street from me so I dropped by. I scored a 24' aluminum ladder for $10. Two 22" hedge trimmers for $22.50. A craftsman snow blower for $15. Theres a 10% buyers fee so it was like $56 total.

The hedge trimmers started no problem and I just winterized them. The snow blower wouldnt start. So I drained gas, cleaned carb bowl, and adding new gas. Works fine now.

Its all homeowner equipment but I couldnt pass it up at that price.

Martywdx
12-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Its all homeowner equipment but I couldn't pass it up at that price.

Nothing wrong with homeowner type equipment . That is what I use. That way I can afford too have two of each. When one goes down I have a back-up. Then I just order parts and fix it myself. I'm sure the big guys all laugh at this mode of operation. But it works for me and I make a comfortable living!!

Gas power hedge trimmers have been on my wish list for many years. But just to costly. Nice catch :D

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Nothing wrong with homeowner type equipment . That is what I use. That way I can afford too have two of each. When one goes down I have a back-up. Then I just order parts and fix it myself. I'm sure the big guys all laugh at this mode of operation. But it works for me and I make a comfortable living!!

Gas power hedge trimmers have been on my wish list for many years. But just to costly. Nice catch :D

I do the samething with handheld equipment. With mowers, pressure washers and backpacks I go commercial. Sometimes it can cost more. Keep your eye out and you can find good deals. I bought 3 gas hedge trimmers for under $50 a piece.

This is a commercial pressure washer I scored for $35. It was so ugly noone bid on it. It just needed a new wand. This is the same one I was renting at arrow for $68 a day. On the other hand I bought a residential washer early in the year for $150 and was forced to rent when it couldnt handle the jobs.

ringahding1
12-13-2011, 12:53 PM
That is a steal! Great find