PDA

View Full Version : Bidding on Fire Dept Lawn Care

Clays Landscape
12-10-2011, 11:37 AM
I already have the contract to cut the grass at the local fire dept weekly along with monthly bed care. Its not a bad jig at all. They would like for me to submi a bit to take over the 8-times a yr. lawn fertilizer, lime, weed & feed, aeration ect. I know how much the other guy is charging, $75 per visit.

Do you think this would be feasible?

Steve
12-10-2011, 02:29 PM
WOW first off, I am amazed you got that job! Normally there is at least one guy on the fire dept that has a lawn care business! Or is looking to start one.

How does that price they want compare with similar jobs you perform? Is it within the realm?

Clays Landscape
12-10-2011, 10:04 PM
WOW first off, I am amazed you got that job! Normally there is at least one guy on the fire dept that has a lawn care business! Or is looking to start one.

How does that price they want compare with similar jobs you perform? Is it within the realm?

Well, it helps, I am on the fire dept. haha.

If I were just doing a random fertilizing and aerating job for someone, I would charge more because they are not a weekly customer. If I had to guess, it is probably 8,000 sq. ft.

Steve
12-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Oh well, since it is your own department, that changes things. :) You could really help make the place look excellent, even adding flowers and landscape design elements. Then use photos of it to market your services to the local community.

Also, I would consider sending in a picture of you working on the property to the local news paper. Maybe send out a press release with the angle of 'Local fire fighter has a green thumb.' Or something like that. I bet the paper would love to show a picture of you taking care of the fire house.

Getting in the paper for something like that could help you get more customers.