PDA

View Full Version : Look what I dug out today!

HPI_Savage25
12-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Ok so a while back our neighbor was cleaning his garage out and brought these over to us since he knew we did lawn care. Well we tried to get them running and didn't have any luck. These will be going to the local shop to put on display if they want them. They like to put vintage tools up on the shelf for show and thought they might like these.

Hedgemaster
12-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Heh. Cool, but just what do you consider "vintage"? LOL How old are those?

One day I had a client bring out his hedge trimmers to show me what he uses.
They were electric and holy crap were they heavy duty. The handle was made of WOOD! They were pretty amazing - especially considering they still WORK.

HPI_Savage25
12-08-2011, 07:41 PM
To be honest I have no clue what year these were made......no they aren't from the 40's or anything like that but they aren't something you see everyday either.

Steve
12-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Were you able to get spark? Maybe clean out the carb too? I bet you could get it running if you wanted to use it.

CHEESE2009
12-09-2011, 09:44 PM
I would love to have a company with a 50's theme to it.

TiedemanLLC
12-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Pretty cool find.

The problem with older 2 cycle tools is that either they are totally toast from wrong mixtures, or perhaps even start some place simple as with the spark arrestor

HPI_Savage25
12-10-2011, 09:24 AM
To be honest I'm not sure what the final verdict was on it as it has been so long ago. I know we rebuilt the carb on it and didn't have any luck and I'm sure we tested spark but can't remember if it had any or not but since we did spend the money on the carb kit I wouldn't have bought a carb kit if it didn't have spark. I will dig the pictures up when I get home but we were scanning some old slide's and converting them to digital photo's on the computer with a scanner. A few of them was of my Mom's dad cutting the grass which was probably back in the 50's also. I find it cool/interesting to see the old stuff and even better when it's in person

Steve
12-10-2011, 01:34 PM
WOW that would be neat to see!