PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone.

jasonage
12-08-2011, 02:55 PM
I am Jason and I live in Colorado. I opened my business 3 years ago in the middle of the season in 2008. I have since grown quite a bit but it seems like this year has been pretty bad. Especially now at the end of the end of the season. Even my first year in business, i wasnt this slow at the end of the year. Anyone else been slower than usual? I just found and joined the forum a week ago or so and i wish I had found it years ago when i started my business. I have done everything on my own and built what i have now from the ground up. I believe i have turned it into a very successful company and I am continuing to grow as much as i can.

CHEESE2009
12-08-2011, 03:49 PM
The problem I figure, is that we tend to lose our passion or interest mid way through the season. If we could all somehow take a week off to refresh and prioritize, I'm sure we'd be more eager to spend more time with advertising and actually getting more work.

Personally, this year, I was nothing but tired. It's always my mission to get the day done and over with. Taking on new work was kind of like cleaning up a mess only right after, someone spills coffee on your carpet... lol

A break is always the best thing, during the winter I only think about lawn maintenance and how I can improve, I get excited. When the time does come, my excitement fades and everything becomes routine 'just trying to get everything done so I can finally relax'.

If the people you hire aren't 100% perfect, get rid of them. Their negativity and lazyness will rub off on you as you adjust your pace to fit their needs.

ringahding1
12-08-2011, 07:00 PM
I am Jason and I live in Colorado. I opened my business 3 years ago in the middle of the season in 2008. I have since grown quite a bit but it seems like this year has been pretty bad. Especially now at the end of the end of the season. Even my first year in business, i wasnt this slow at the end of the year. Anyone else been slower than usual? I just found and joined the forum a week ago or so and i wish I had found it years ago when i started my business. I have done everything on my own and built what i have now from the ground up. I believe i have turned it into a very successful company and I am continuing to grow as much as i can.

Keep pluggin away....can only go up from here...now that you're here! ! :)

WELCOME!

Steve
12-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Even my first year in business, i wasnt this slow at the end of the year.

Hi Jason!

Welcome to our forum!

Give us some of your insights as to what you might have done differently this year than in the past and what is your gut feeling to why there is this change?