PDA

View Full Version : Pressure wash your enclosed trailer?

DeMenkey
12-06-2011, 09:30 PM
I have a 6x12 enclosed trailer I bought for $1500 off Craigslist. Its pretty dirty on the inside. Stained from oil and what not. So can I pressure wash the inside without it seeking thorough the other side and rust the metal or wires? Would it ruin or hurt it if I was to?

bruces
12-06-2011, 10:16 PM
it appears to be an aluminum trailer ,not going to rust ,so go for it as long as you can get it dried out after .

HPI_Savage25
12-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Not sure if you have one but maybe toss a space heater in it to help dry it out some?

picframer
12-07-2011, 05:07 AM
It will not hurt it, we washed ours on a regular basis. You are probably already aware once oil gets into the plywood, it's impossible to get it out.

Simple Green sells a product which works good for this and it's environment friendly, just spray it on and let it soak for a couple of hours, possible spray it twice with the cleaner.

If you get it clean, I found it best to paint with an oil based paint, in ours I painted the floors with a non-slip product which worked excellent and made the trailers easy to clean.

DeMenkey
12-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks abunch. I am gonna try some of the tips. I will take photos and maybe write a short tutorial. .... LOL
I was going to try some navel jelly on the rusty spots like the hindges and such.
I live in Florida and got a fireplace as a heater (go figure, ha last Christmas was was wearing shorts ) so I don't have space heater. I do have a propane tank and a heater attachment for it. Hehe

bruces
12-07-2011, 12:24 PM
a heater is better than nothing,but a dehumidifier works better .

Sprinkler Buddy
12-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Just keep the ramp down and prop the door or doors open to dry out. Nice buy!

Steve
12-07-2011, 07:15 PM
I found it best to paint with an oil based paint, in ours I painted the floors with a non-slip product which worked excellent and made the trailers easy to clean.

Did you use anything on the walls or would you suggest any product for that?

picframer
12-08-2011, 04:37 AM
Did you use anything on the walls or would you suggest any product for that?

I painted the entire inside of the trailer, mainly to help keep it clean. Bare wood will absorb everything, especially gas and oil and it's next to impossible to get out, painting seals the wood.

I had read about this other product used on garage floors to paint that was slip resistant so I wrote the manufacturer and asked if it could be used on wood and they confirmed it could. I can't remember the name of the stuff however.

Steve
12-09-2011, 12:10 PM
For those pressure washing parts of the trailer where it is bare aluminum, can certain high pressures cause damage to the aluminum? Do you have to be concerned about that?

picframer
12-09-2011, 02:35 PM
For those pressure washing parts of the trailer where it is bare aluminum, can certain high pressures cause damage to the aluminum? Do you have to be concerned about that?

Gosh no, our pressure washers will go as high as 6,500 PSI as we did graffiti, even that high would not hurt aluminum however it would damage wood.