PDA

View Full Version : First Mulch Job

HPI_Savage25
12-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Well I have had a customer that I got about a month ago. Started with a major yard clean-up, then a week later he got 30 bales of pinestraw, then the next week another 30 bales and then today I put out 2 yards of bright red mulch.

HPI_Savage25
12-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Here is some before and after pictures. Let me know what you guys think

Steve
12-07-2011, 08:07 PM
That looks fantastic!

Do you feel there were any learning lessons from performing that job? Would you have done anything differently if you could?

HPI_Savage25
12-08-2011, 07:56 AM
I offered to get some bricks or some border to install around the mulch that is along the fence as it has nothing to hold it in. Customer said he would find something to put down. Other than that I think it came out really good. The yar itself has come a very long way. I will be putting out another 15 bales of pinestraw on Monday.

Steve
12-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Very nice! How do you like working with pinestraw vs mulch?

HPI_Savage25
12-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Personally I like doing the mulch more than I do the pinestraw. It is also easier to deal with and put out. Say for pinestraw I'm getting it for $2.85/bale and putting it out for anywhere from $5-6 a bale but for the time I would much rather do the mulch. I get a yard of mulch for $25 and charge about $100-120 to the customer per yard. I put those 2 yards out in about 4 hours but I also had to clean out all the leaves and then clean it all up once all the mulch was out of the truck bed. Sadly all the pinestraw I put out is now all messed up cause he has 3 HUGE dogs that like to go CRAP in the pinestraw/mulch areas and then he buries it......Hopefully he will keep them out of the mulch areas. Doubt it though :(