PDA

View Full Version : Bob Cat Zero Turn Pro Cat 48in

buck_landscaping
12-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Im in the market for the bob cat mower pro cat 48. I wanted to know any reveiws on this mower. Anything will help also looking at the toro z400 48 Thanks

strength
12-06-2011, 10:00 AM
is it make in the USA not the engine but the deck pumps ect ex mark and yahzoo keys are it funny they make great engines in japan not so for the rest of the mower

wandfsmall
12-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Im in the market for the bob cat mower pro cat 48. I wanted to know any reveiws on this mower. Anything will help also looking at the toro z400 48 Thanks

The bobcat is made in the us, in fact it is one of the oldest companies in the ztr market. So old both Dane Scag(Founded Scag, and Great Dane) and Art Evans(Dixie Chopper's founder) both have worked for the company as designers.

The Differences that I notice are the following

The Bobcat will be faster and has bigger pumps and wheel motors.

The 1hp will not affect you as to being more powerful on the bobcat. so I would say equal. Both are Kawasaki engines most likely made in the usa.

the frame will be about the same in life with the bobcat having a lifetime warranty.

Cutting quality is a tough call and really an judgment call(I doubt you could tell a difference) Same with steering preference, you could like either one.

The bobcat will sit higher not sure if you would like that or not, it will also not have rops unless you add them. Personally I do not like rops but that can differ from person to person.

as for belts and spindles I would say that is a toss up both are made well.

And finally price I would suspect that the bobcat is cheaper but that might not be the case.