PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

eMCeeW
12-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Hey everyone, today was my very first day as owner of MC Yardcare. Not much grass to cut this time of year so I am picking up a few driveways during the winter to pay off my new snow blower. I have a lot of work to do setting up my business and I have found this forum to be amazing! The information and advice on here is priceless, seriously a big thanks to everyone who is on here helping! My plan for my business is to start small as possible and expand as needed. I work full time at a pharmacy, make decent money but I dont like my job. If I can make more money mowing I plan to walk away and go on my own. Again everyone thanks for the advice, I'm sure I will have many more questions and hopefully one day I can offer expert advice here too....
Matt - MC Yardcare

dclgraphics
12-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new landscaping business.
Great advice I got years ago, If a potential customer doesn't know about your business, you don't exist.

A good effective marketing is critical to the success of any business... in fact, your business. With ineffective marketing, your potential customers may never find out about the products or services you offer.

David C. Lopez
http://www.dclgraphics.com

Steve
12-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Hi Matt,

Welcome to our forum!

How do you feel now that you have opened your doors and are running your business? Any advice to those who are still sitting on the fence about doing it?

eMCeeW
12-05-2011, 10:22 PM
It feels great actually, I had a wonderful first day removing snow and then I had an absolutely horrible day at my "real" job afterwards... Just more motivation to get out on my own. I just ordered one of your books off Amazon, I am certainly going to take any and all advice I can get. It is very intimidating to make the jump and for good reason. My advice would be to go for it, I have talked to a lot of people in the past few months and all of them say the same thing... "I have always wanted to start my own business" and I ask them why they donít and sometimes its money, sometimes they just can't make it happen, sometimes they feel they missed their chance. Point is, don't be that person who regrets it. If you feel that you have a good opportunity then work your a$$ off and live your dream...

steven59937
12-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Hey great for you. What part of the country are you in?

eMCeeW
12-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Living in balmy Omaha, Nebraska. Single digits today, good luck to everyone working out there today!

Steve
12-07-2011, 07:51 PM
I had a wonderful first day removing snow and then I had an absolutely horrible day at my "real" job afterwards.

Do you think these two experiences were related? Meaning do you think because you had such a great day at your own business, it made going to work for someone else, that much worse?

Point is, don't be that person who regrets it. If you feel that you have a good opportunity then work your a$$ off and live your dream...

What do you feel finally pushed you to take that jump and not be the person who regrets not doing it?

Do you find yourself now motivating others to try too?