PDA

View Full Version : backpack blower for snow

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-03-2011, 10:26 PM
One of my guys swears a backpack blower is effective at clearing snow? I never tried it before. I have them all winterized before the first snow hits. I can see how it works with fluffy stuff but anything packed in or icy forget it. I do remember looking at a stihl with a winter setting. So what do you guys think? Have you used one?

Hedgemaster
12-03-2011, 11:53 PM
OMG, I can't wait to use my backpack on snow.

I tried my handheld blower last winter and it was a hoot! I don't need to keep a broom on my front porch any more.

And yes, obviously "dry" snow is going to be your best bet.

picframer
12-04-2011, 04:08 AM
Works excellent for clearing cars (which we did three years ago for a car lot) if the snow is light, works excellent for walkways and stairs. Not sure on the winter setting, I have Stihl blowers and have never touched settings, they always start no problem and it gets to -25 here.

strength
12-04-2011, 06:35 AM
they work great in dry fluffy snow not so good in wet snow i started blowing off roof es in 95 with my step dad and i try to use a back back blower as much as i can i never have any trouble starting mine u might need to prime every time

Steve
12-05-2011, 10:07 AM
How about something like this.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iY3oYS9tfzU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ringahding1
12-05-2011, 12:36 PM
One of my guys swears a backpack blower is effective at clearing snow? I never tried it before. I have them all winterized before the first snow hits. I can see how it works with fluffy stuff but anything packed in or icy forget it. I do remember looking at a stihl with a winter setting. So what do you guys think? Have you used one?

LOVE IT! You are right though, only on the light stuff!

Steve
12-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Wasn't there another issue that had come up in the past about this? I think I remember the dry air was causing static shocks.