PDA

View Full Version : how to get the neighbour lawn care service

dell
12-03-2011, 01:54 PM
how much can a charge the neighborhood for lawn service i have about 80 house in a block and i wouldn't cost anything in transportation . there are 2 companies in the area but i want the clients that they don't have....

fieroboi
12-03-2011, 02:38 PM
how much can a charge the neighborhood for lawn service i have about 80 house in a block and i wouldn't cost anything in transportation . there are 2 companies in the area but i want the clients that they don't have....

Couple of things i would ask, if your worrying about your competitors. What are they charging? How is the quality of the work? Are the customers satisfied with the quality?

For me personally, I have never worried about my competition, our quality of workmanship is way better. I've had this happen to me, where a customer decides to try us and even though I know I am higher priced, they stick with us. Not long after, the neighbors all start calling wanting us to look after them. I personally don't believe that a lower price means that the customer will go with you. I have operated my business right from the start with the philosphy that customers will pay for quality and reliability, and so far i haven't been proven wrong.

My advise once you get a customer in that area is to make sure your workmanship shows much better than the competition .... customers will notice, especially if they are retired, as they have nothing better to do than gossip about how their yard guy is better! The snowball effect will surprise you.

Lloyd
Blue's Yard FX
Camrose, AB

Martywdx
12-03-2011, 04:49 PM
My advise once you get a customer in that area is to make sure your workmanship shows much better than the competition .... customers will notice, especially if they are retired, as they have nothing better to do than gossip about how their yard guy is better! The snowball effect will surprise you.

[/B][/I]

That is a 100% true statement. I know this because the vast majority of my new clients always start the conversation with. You do my neighbors lawn and I like your work. Would you be interested in doing my lawn. I have never spent a dime on ads. I let the old ladies and men do it for me. I am never wanting for work.:D

Steve
12-05-2011, 09:36 AM
how much can a charge the neighborhood for lawn service i have about 80 house in a block and i wouldn't cost anything in transportation .

Are you looking to make one bid on all the homes? Is this like for a home owner's association or are you more looking for an idea how much you can charge each because you don't have to drive from one neighbor to the other?

dell
12-06-2011, 05:16 PM
no they are my neibours i wouldn't have to move and it wouldn't cost me anything i have about 80 neighbor around my block.

Hedgemaster
12-06-2011, 07:55 PM
The competitors aren't going to charge them less.

If you make more money on these clients because you don't have to spend it in gas, that's called "profit".

We and the underpants gnomes have the same goal here...

http://polizeros.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/underpants-gnomes.jpg

Steve
12-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Ultimately, you living closer can be seen as a competitive advantage due to the fact your travel time is minimal. If because of that, you can charge less, go for it.

Keep us posted on how it all goes.