PDA

View Full Version : Winter down time

Ducke
12-01-2011, 06:26 PM
What do you do in the winter down time ???
other then work on over used equipment and surfing the net.

ringahding1
12-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Wait for the snow plowing to begin! Looks like Saturday it's coming to MinneSnowta! & then play on the internet..

Hedgemaster
12-01-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm caring for my dog.

At first I freaked over the fact that I have nearly a $6,000 vet bill and now there is no work, but I think it was a blessing in disguise. Oh, it's still going to hurt with no income, but this could have happened mid season when I would have lost business and probably clients because I needed to stay home to care for my dog.

Hoping he can walk again in the next few weeks. Hoping for snow so I can make some money again.

mark123
12-01-2011, 09:27 PM
I revert to my old job and try to drum up a few programming jobs. I usually only get a web page or two as other coding jobs tend to want a long term worker.

CHEESE2009
12-02-2011, 02:29 AM
I have never been so bored.

I'm watching shows on Netflix, or writing code out of boredom, or play;

www.minecraft.net

plsllc2011
12-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Rehabbing a sore elbow for the first time in my career. I'm not complaining, being outside beats my old desk job by a long shot.

Ducke
12-02-2011, 07:17 PM
well
I've been home sick for a week so I have designed and started coding a new website read three lawn care books and one on composting and just starting one on irrigation.
Drew up a partial budget for 2012 and am changing around some of my services as well as adding a couple. I may go to the book store this weekend and see if I can find a book on landscape lighting.
I had some mods done to my trailer and am having the snow blower tuned up before the next storm. Oh ya did all my Christmas cards and started planning my spring marketing.
So been pretty busy but going shack wacky not being able to go outside all week.
I went out for a bit today just around the yard but when the cool air hit my lungs man did i start to cough so I had to come in after 20 min or so.

mark123
12-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Rehabbing a sore elbow for the first time in my career. ...[/URL]
I forgot, I've also got to convalesce this winter. I'm going to schedule my hernia operation sometime this month.

Edward36
12-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Spend time with the family and enjoy not dealing with some my crazy people for four months;).
But I still have a full time job (50hr.+ week) so i stay busy in the winter