PDA

View Full Version : Christmas or Holiday cards for customers

steven59937
11-30-2011, 05:41 PM
Hi, I just bought today a cheap box of Christmas cards. My goal is to lookm through the people or clients that I have had in the last few months. Being I did not start my company until August of this year it shouldn't be that big of a task. What I want to do is send these people the holiday card with a business card or two inside. Im thinking about things I could say in this short card and any suggestions or comments would be great.

Thanks
Steve in Montanam

steven59937
11-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Ok right after I posted I did find some other post on this.

Steve
12-01-2011, 09:23 AM
There has been interesting discussions on this topic in the past. Some feel you shouldn't mix holiday cards with business material while others do.

Have you thought about that? Do you have a view on it either way?

Have you ever gotten holiday cards from business owners and did you feel one way or the other about getting them depending on how they worded or what they included in the card?

plsllc2011
12-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Steve, I use to be a manager for a building materials retailer. We received a lot of Christmas cards from our vendors and suppliers. They tended to keep it short without any advertising but you definitely knew it was from them. I never thought it was a big deal. I actually think it can help, especially with your seasonal customers that you don't do much for in the winter. It can keep you in their minds as you get closer to spring.

bradsnipes
12-20-2011, 11:02 AM
i can tell you that for me, as far as Holiday Cards go i always send them out every year (Thanksgiving and Christmas) and i always put a business card and photo of my family in the envelope. I have tons of customers that personally thank me every year for sending them that holiday card and it always means a big deal to them. You have to think guys, atleast for me alot of my customers are elderly and probably dont get alot of Holiday cards from others. So its definatley a big deal when they get em from the guy who takes care of there Lawn Care....it sticks in there brain and they never forget it !!

Brad

bradsnipes
12-20-2011, 06:33 PM
im my Christmas holiday cards i say something close to this.

Mrs Smith (or whomever),
wishing you a very happy holiday season and a wondeful new year. I look very forward to serving you next year with all your lawn care needs. You business is very much appreciated. Have a great Holiday !!!

just keep it real simple man. Thats what i always do and people really appreciate it and they remember as well. I usually put in a photo of me and my family but thats up to you.