PDA

View Full Version : Hey hey!

sclawns90
11-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Hey everybody! My name is Kevin. I am 21 years old and I live in Blythewood SC. I grew up pushing my lawn mower around the neighborhood doing the mow, blow and go. I picked up again about a year ago and have a true passion for landscaping/lawn care. I am in the middle of trying to put together a business plan, get my business license, and become an LLC. I am awful at quoting jobs! So many questions to ask I don't know where to begin!..... What do I need to get a business license? Where do I go to get it? How much does it cost? How much do I charge on an hourly basis?

Steve
11-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Welcome to our forum!

So many questions to ask I don't know where to begin!..... What do I need to get a business license?
You may or may not need one depending on your local township, county or state laws. I would do a check on their different websites for professional licenses and see if they require one for lawn care.

Where do I go to get it?
Some townships require them and you would get them at your town hall. County's might as well as states.

How much does it cost?
The prices vary, but remember, you may not need one.

How much do I charge on an hourly basis?

A lot of this depends on your expenses and the going rate of your competitors. Possibly between $45 - $60 an hour?

If you ask around town with others who perform lawn care, they may tell you what they bid for an average lawn in the area and that will help you find the average going rate.

Also, possibly look at ads in your local paper on in craigslist to see what others are charging as well.