PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Calendars & Christmas Cards

jymie
11-23-2011, 01:23 AM
Do any of you give these out to your customers in December? If you do, where do you get yours from? Also, what else do you do to say thank you to your customers?

Clays Landscape
11-23-2011, 06:48 AM
I have purchased Holiday greeting cards. They are personalized with a message from the business. I believe people will be happy to see them. I spent $145 for 125 cards including self stick envelops with both being personalized.

Steve
11-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Hi Jymie,

How did you want to distribute them? Were you looking to mail them to customers only or did you want to put them on a door hanger and use them as marketing material for a larger audience than just customers?

jymie
11-24-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm looking to mail them. Just to show them some form of thank you.

Clays Landscape
11-24-2011, 05:56 PM
I am going to just mail mine. I bought them online from Holiday Classics.

Steve
11-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Do you think it is a good idea to include a photo of you and your staff in santa hats on your equipment or in front of your trailer?

Or maybe with holiday lights on your truck or equipment, such as these?

Ducke
11-26-2011, 09:37 PM
I went out to the local Hallmark store today and found a card I liked and bought two boxes of them.
I then customized it on my computer.

Steve
11-28-2011, 10:18 AM
That is fantastic! How did you handle the printing? Did you print out an insert that you will slide in each card? Were the cards blank inside? Or did you print right on the card?

Ducke
11-28-2011, 11:31 AM
I used Microsoft Publisher and used a template that fit the cards I had.
I used one card as a test card and then just adjusted the Logo and the text till it fit right.
I then just ran all the cards through the printer 36 custom card total cost before postage $22.40 :)

justin_time
11-28-2011, 01:56 PM
I found a stack of old Christmas Holiday cards I had got printed back in the day and I had some leftover for this year. The only problem, I ran out of envelopes

So this year, it won't cost me much. All I need is a few US stamps and a few envelopes and I'm ready to send my Christmas cards again. And I had already bought a bunch of stamps for the season so yeah, won't cost me much this year in Christmas Cards

Here's what I had

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/X_2275_Front-1.jpg

Steve
11-30-2011, 07:24 AM
I found a stack of old Christmas Holiday cards I had got printed back in the day and I had some leftover for this year. The only problem, I ran out of envelopes

What was your view on using them?

Do you feel it was worthwhile? Did you get a positive response from them?

jymie
12-01-2011, 12:30 AM
I found a site for the calenders, www.pens.com (http://www.pens.com)

Seem to be a good price for them.

Upscale2
12-03-2011, 11:49 AM
I've posted on this subject many times, even submitted a video on card sending. I send cards throughout the year, and they yield high returns everytime.
I use Send Out Cards. Create, customize, stuff, stamp, and send cards from your computer. The contact manager allows you to send multiple cards in just seconds. The cards are are less than a dollar. Postcards are less than 50cents. I don't know about you but, all the time you might spend on all the bs that goes with prepping and sending cards could be better spent on other things.
I just arrived in Florida for a week vacation, finished cleanups yesterday!
Feel free to check this system out: www.sendoutcards.com/35260

And yes I do make money with SOC, but am also a bad *** landscaper.

Heading to the pool, talk later.