PDA

View Full Version : For Those in Nova Scotia

picframer
11-22-2011, 04:27 AM
I just read we have 30cm on the way tomorrow, time for last min clean up and get ready!

CHEESE2009
11-22-2011, 10:58 AM
I just read we have 30cm on the way tomorrow, time for last min clean up and get ready!

Always a rough start, eh? LOL

Remember these important facts:
Tim Hortons
Tim Hortons
Tim Hortons

The above facts will keep you proper all season.

Liberty Landscaping LLC
11-22-2011, 12:03 PM
That sucks. Hope you guys made some money on clean-ups before the snow.... Why the plow attached to the bucket? Just curious never saw that setup always see them using a bucket or unhooking the bucked and attaching a plow. Nice looking machine tho. Good luck to all who have the storm headed their way...

picframer
11-22-2011, 12:41 PM
That sucks. Hope you guys made some money on clean-ups before the snow.... Why the plow attached to the bucket? Just curious never saw that setup always see them using a bucket or unhooking the bucked and attaching a plow. Nice looking machine tho. Good luck to all who have the storm headed their way...

Actually it's attached to the Arms, Deere is one of the few that you can get this set up for, it's called a Quick Attach, I can go from a hydraulic bucket to a Hydraulic angle plow in under 3 min.

It's great doing parking lots, finish your plowing, attach the bucket and pile it up to 12 feet high. This is the only tractor I have with this setup as it's pretty expensive, $2,895. for the plow alone. The skids are about 8" wide and 10" long, you can go on a gravel driveway (mine for example which is just over 1,000 feet) and never tear it up. They are quick attach also.

I leave the backhoe's on in the winter for two reasons, weight and it is pretty much impossible to get them stuck, this one has diff lock front and rear so every tire has to spin before you are stuck.

I really pimped this one out, it's a 2720.

CHEESE2009
11-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Actually it's attached to the Arms, Deere is one of the few that you can get this set up for, it's called a Quick Attach, I can go from a hydraulic bucket to a Hydraulic angle plow in under 3 min

That's the coolest thing I have ever seen. Deere > everything else.

Steve
11-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Holy crap Andy, were those pics already from this year?

Ducke
11-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Its going to be mostly rain here along the coast, But i did go out and start up the blower and filled up the fuel cans just in case.:)

CHEESE2009
11-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Its going to be mostly rain here along the coast, But i did go out and start up the blower and filled up the fuel cans just in case.:)

Amen. 5cm overnight in Montreal.

Not happy. lol

picframer
11-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Holy crap Andy, were those pics already from this year?

It was a late storm, I think March.

This fall the weather has been perfect, in fact I only started burning wood a week ago, perfect fall for lawn care companies and most are still going but this storm tomorrow will put things to an end.

I was looking at the farmers almanac, it's been pretty accurate over the years, it says we are going to have above average snowfalls due to something going on with the ocean on the west coast.

Took a couple days off from the office to work in the shop, orders are piling up:)

picframer
11-23-2011, 10:03 AM

You listen to the wrong weather station:), I am about 20 min from you towards Peggy's Cove, we have about 15cm down now and it's snowing hard, took another day off to work in the shop, at 11:30 this morning the radio said there were 37 accidents in the city.

Well this will be good for the plowing guys as there is enough down now to get going on parking lots.

picframer
11-24-2011, 05:35 AM
As predicted we got hammered with snow, I live just outside the city, my 900 foot driveway has a gradual dip where the snow was close to 60 cm, up near the house it is around 20cm. I plowed most of the night, just returned again and even our subdivision streets are not plowed so many workers will get the day off.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2011/11/24/ns-cleanup-snow-storm.html

Steve
11-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Wow! What a way to kick off thanksgiving!

Is that celebrated in Canada?

picframer
11-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Wow! What a way to kick off thanksgiving!

Is that celebrated in Canada?

Yes but in Canada it's October 10th, we generally have snow by now but it's rare to get this much all at once in Nov