PDA

View Full Version : package deal..

qtnfd2
11-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Hey guys I am looking at starting a small go medium lawn care business. Maybe 25 yards. I was wondering yall thought of getting a bank loan for a business. I would like to have a late model dumb bed truck. 18 trailer 1 Zero turn and 1 wall behind.. what are some good banks and rates I can see. Any ideas??????

JeffK26
11-22-2011, 04:19 AM
Google bank rates and your city name and/or check with your current bank.

Dragger
11-22-2011, 05:27 AM
I would not go to the bank to get started.If you do then you will have to make that much more each month before you can even think about drawing a paycheck from your company.

The first year will be your hardest year and adding a loan payment on top of every thing else will increase your stress.

Steve
11-22-2011, 04:36 PM
I am looking at starting a small go medium lawn care business. Maybe 25 yards. I was wondering yall thought of getting a bank loan for a business.

Can you give us a little more insight?

Are you looking to start it from scratch or are you looking to buy an already operating lawn care business with 25 accounts?

Do you have any equipment now or would you need to buy it all?

Also, do you have any previous business experience?

qtnfd2
11-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Steve,
Yes i have business knowledge. I am looking to start from ground zero.. I have many years in landscaping. I have working for some very big companys. I just started my dream job in law enforcment so i am looking to start something when i get out of the academy. I would like to keep it somewhat small, maybe 25 accounts. I am a very high engery person, with a drive to go or go home... Just have cold feet about getting started.. I see a ton of companys doing lawn care, but i feel like with the right drive and work ethic you can do anything... Any tips.. Also are older model dump beds really useful in landscaping?:confused:

wandfsmall
11-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Steve,
Yes i have business knowledge. I am looking to start from ground zero.. I have many years in landscaping. I have working for some very big companys. I just started my dream job in law enforcment so i am looking to start something when i get out of the academy. I would like to keep it somewhat small, maybe 25 accounts. I am a very high engery person, with a drive to go or go home... Just have cold feet about getting started.. I see a ton of companys doing lawn care, but i feel like with the right drive and work ethic you can do anything... Any tips.. Also are older model dump beds really useful in landscaping?:confused:

I only did lawn care for a few years while in college, and I had it handed to me on a silver platter, but I have watched many a company start up and go down from debt. Start out with as little equipment as you can and grow the business as you can pay cash. You will be happier and better off in the long run.

Steve
11-24-2011, 09:19 AM
I have many years in landscaping. I have working for some very big companys. I just started my dream job in law enforcment so i am looking to start something when i get out of the academy. I would like to keep it somewhat small, maybe 25 accounts.

Why not just get a small, used setup that is cheap at first and start taking care of your property. Then look to taking care of your neighbors property and put the word out to everyone on your block that you are now in business. Then, start asking all your friends and family if they need lawn care. Have them ask their family next.

With a full time job, you won't need this to start great guns. You got the time to build it up slowly.

Does this help?

qtnfd2
11-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Yes it does steve. As i am not new to business, but very scared of starting out in lawn care.. I see so many people doing it.

Steve
11-26-2011, 03:25 PM
There are a lot of people that start one but the percentage that do it just to make a few bucks here and there is probably the biggest slice of the pie.

A little planning, foresight, and professionalism can really help you stand out.