PDA

View Full Version : Back pack Blower

jhturf
11-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Looking to purchase a great and dependable back pack blower. I will be starting in the residental side of the bussiness. Were i live the avg size lawn is 5,000 to 20,000. I was thinking about the sthil 600 but what do you all think?

Paineless Creations
11-20-2011, 06:47 PM
I love my Stihl 600 magnum, it is the best investment I have ever done

Hedgemaster
11-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Some advice given to me by someone who has worked in the business and now works at a dealership:

"Find the most powerful blower you can afford and buy the next one up from THAT!"

He suggested that a blower is not something to go "cheap" on if you plan on using it to make money.

Even though it was more than I wanted to spend, I read a lot of favorable reviews, and my friend, as well as my local dealer suggested it, so I went with the Echo PB770...

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=14973&highlight=echo+backpack

No regrets.

wandfsmall
11-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Some advice given to me by someone who has worked in the business and now works at a dealership:

"Find the most powerful blower you can afford and buy the next one up from THAT!"

He suggested that a blower is not something to go "cheap" on if you plan on using it to make money.

Even though it was more than I wanted to spend, I read a lot of favorable reviews, and my friend, as well as my local dealer suggested it, so I went with the Echo PB770...

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=14973&highlight=echo+backpack

No regrets.

I think you did well with the echo, I am not a big stihl fan on blowers are trimmers. Now chainsaws they are in the top 2 anyplace in the country.

mark123
11-20-2011, 09:22 PM
I think you did well with the echo, I am not a big stihl fan on blowers are trimmers. Now chainsaws they are in the top 2 anyplace in the country.
I agree with this. Stihl chainsaw, Echo anything else.

CHEESE2009
11-20-2011, 09:56 PM
BR 550, I own it, I can vouch that it does a great job.

Note, it doesn't do a good job, it does a GREAT job. No need to spend more $.

picframer
11-21-2011, 03:51 AM
When going at lawn care full time we had the Stihl 550 and 600's, the 600 is in my experience one amazing blower.

wandfsmall
11-21-2011, 08:20 AM
I agree with this. Stihl chainsaw, Echo anything else.

Personally I think Redmax makes the best trimmers and blowers and Husquvarna(the commercial line, some now sold under the Redmax label) makes the best saws. Outside of that I would say shindaiwa for trimmers and blowers and Stihl for saws. Stihl is like John Deere sold on name alone, personally I am more interested in the current quality.

Growing Green
11-21-2011, 08:37 AM
I own the Stihl 550 and it does a great job. Never used the 600 so no idea what I'm missing if it is a lot better. I hear it is a lot quiter though.

Take care,

Matt

mark123
11-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Personally I think Redmax makes the best trimmers and blowers and Husquvarna(the commercial line, some now sold under the Redmax label) makes the best saws. Outside of that I would say shindaiwa for trimmers and blowers and Stihl for saws. Stihl is like John Deere sold on name alone, personally I am more interested in the current quality.

You are most likely more current than I am on saws. I'm not familar with Redmax as there are no dealers in the area.

wandfsmall
11-21-2011, 08:11 PM
You are most likely more current than I am on saws. I'm not familar with Redmax as there are no dealers in the area.

in that case echo would be a better choice. A good dealer will setup and check a unit not just sell it in a box. I rarely do warranty work as my units are set up properly.

TLC131
11-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Echo PB770 has worked good for me, when I need to I'll buy the same thing. I'm sure echo and the stihl blowers all work good you just need to find your preference mine is def Echo on blowers and Kawasaki on trimmers