PDA

View Full Version : My new toy

jasonw
11-19-2011, 10:20 PM
So I finally broke down and picked up a new trailer today. After my discount I paid about $630 for it. So far I like it but mind you I have only pulled it home from Lowes unloaded. Tomorrow I plan to use it to haul one of my tractors to my parents house. I will report back after the drive.

Ducke
11-20-2011, 07:52 AM
sweet ride

Martywdx
11-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Nice,I have a trailer just like that. Mine maybe wider as the discharge shoot lays flat. Never a problem. I do need a swivel jack though.
Something to remember. If you have bagger attachment take the collection buckets/bags off the unit during transport. They have a tendency to dislodge. Trust me ,Ive lost one or two over the years.At $50 (was a ripoff imo) It doesn't make for a profitable day.

jasonw
11-20-2011, 08:17 AM
sweet ride

Thank you. It's 6:16AM here now, still dark outside but I am itching to get the tractor loaded and go lol, If it were a job I would be gone but this is only a pleasure trip to show off one of the tractors I got recently and to test the trailer. It kinda sucks that I got home right as the sun was going down last night so I didnt get any time to play with it really. As you can see in the picture I was able to take the toung jack off the old one and put it on this one but then it was to dark. Maybe thats a hint to pick up some LED floods to light it up after dark lol.

Hedgemaster
11-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Can't tell by the angle of the photo - is it a 5'x8'?
Looks like mine, but "shiny". Carry On brand, I assume - that's what Lowes carries around here.

Too late to mention it and I assume you're already familiar with the "problem", but those things bounce around like mad. If possible, my next trailer will have better suspension and/or tandem axles. Strap that mower down GOOD! LOL

Congrats!

Steve
11-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Very nice!

Do you have any pictures of your old trailer to show everyone what you upgraded from?

jasonw
11-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Actually it rides very nicely. I adjusted my mirrors to keep an eye on the suspension on the way home and thus far I am very impressed. My last one had leafs but for the most part they did nothing. Steve. I don't have one off hand but its the same one in the article you did about my wagon and trailer. The only difference was eventually I took the box off of it so it was just a flat bed. I will go see if its not to dark to get a side by side shot now.

Steve
11-22-2011, 03:16 PM
I think it is fantastic and am very happy to see the growth.