PDA

View Full Version : The Grounds Crew

thegroundscrew
11-18-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm new to this site and couldn't be happier to be apart of it. I started The Grounds Crew a little over a year and a half ago and now I am starting to put most of my time into it. I have just hired three more employees and am excited to expand. I am a seventeen year old currently attending Seattle University. Landscaping has always been my passion and with my dad owning a former landscape company he has beeen able to help me. I am young but I am fearless. Please check out my website at www.thegroundscrewllc.com and please tell me what you think. You can also check out my facebook and twitter which is linked from the website. I love to golf, play tennis, fish, and especially hunting. With my Uncle who owns a commercial landscape business he has also been there for me. Whenever a client asks him if he does residential he refers my company. I couldn't be more happy and love my job and school career.

Paineless Creations
11-18-2011, 11:48 PM
Hey welcome,

I took a look at your website very very nice, I am over here in tri-cities in Richland, WA

Bobby

thegroundscrew
11-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Hi Bobby,

thanks for viewing the site I'm out in Bellevue, WA.

Steve
11-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Welcome to our forum!

With your dad and uncle both having and currently running lawn care / landscaping businesses, what kind of advice did they offer you that you felt really got you launched?

Do you have any advice for others your age considering getting started in lawn care?

thegroundscrew
11-21-2011, 08:16 PM
The advice that my dad and uncle told me will very much help those that are also just starting out.

First my Uncle told me to get the job. Meaning that I should make a bid that isnt cheap and isnt expensive but reasonable and affordable. He told me to get the contract signed then after six months to a year raise the prices. The customer will be completely understanding. (Get the job then raise prices)

Here is an example of one of my raising prices letter:

RE: Price Increase

Dear Frank Falaniko,

At The Grounds Crew we have always worked hard to keep costs down and provide our clients with the highest quality yard services available.

I am sure as you know, everything (not only gas) has gone up in price over the past few years.

The Grounds Crew has worked hard and have been able to keep our prices the same.

We've held back as long as possible but we are left with no choice but to raise our prices slightly to remain competitive.

Starting on January 1, 2012 we will have to go up to $112.00 per visit for your yard care services.

We hope that you’ll agree that even with the new price, The Grounds Crew remains the top service provider in this area.

If you have any questions about this matter or anything else, do not hesitate to contact me any time.
Respectfully,

Curtis Michael
The Grounds Crew

Secondly my dad told me promote door to door. When going door to door you are able to up front with a potential customer and tell them how your services can be used to benefit their yards. Point out what exactly can be improved in the yard. He also said to come to the door with a portfolio of flyers, business cards, pictures, and other additional information.

I hope this helps. Now like my facebook page at The Grounds Crew and follow me on twitter @_TheGroundsCrew.

my website is www.thegroundscrewllc.com

Steve
11-22-2011, 04:20 PM
He told me to get the contract signed then after six months to a year raise the prices.

Would you raise prices mid season? Or would this only apply to a new year's lawn care with a new contract?

Meaning that I should make a bid that isnt cheap and isnt expensive but reasonable and affordable.

Also, did your uncle give you advice as to how best to price jobs?