PDA

View Full Version : Health Insurance

Paineless Creations
11-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Well I am trying to get health insurance for the wife and I through our business, maybe I could also offer it to my two employees, as anybody on here heard of lyfebank

http://www.lyfebank.com/employer/

Steve
11-18-2011, 01:45 PM
No I haven't. What about them has stood out to you so far? Anything you like or dislike about them compared to others?

Paineless Creations
11-18-2011, 09:25 PM
No I haven't. What about them has stood out to you so far? Anything you like or dislike about them compared to others?

I just had a friend suggest it that's all

Martywdx
11-20-2011, 07:49 AM
From what I've read at their web site LyfeBank is not a true health insurance company. This company is a way you can pay yourself and employees money that can be deducted off your income and the money received by the employee is nontaxable per IRS rules.
I worked for a store several years ago with a similer plan. It was Aflac flex.
The store put $150.00 a month into the employees flex account. Out of that the employee had to buy their own health insurance. The remaining money if any, could be used to cover the health insurance copay and the delectable. Also you buy over the counter meds as per IRS rules, eyeglasses,and dental work. Basically anything heath related. But since Obamacare more and more of these items don't qualify any more.
Make sure you know what your buying with LyfeBank. Good luck!

Paineless Creations
11-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the great info!!

Steve
11-21-2011, 12:26 PM
But since Obamacare more and more of these items don't qualify any more.

What is your view on how Obamacare will effect lawn care business owners when it comes to health care insurance?