PDA

View Full Version : Affordable WEB Sites

The Cleaning Doctor
11-14-2011, 01:00 PM
I have decided to provide affordable web site services.

Now these are not flashy or highly technical sites. They are your basic 5-7 page sites. This does not mean that they do not look good however. I am currently working on putting together some samples.

Here is what you will get

The Domain
Site Construction
Up to 5 email addresses (1 can be a catch all)
Hosting

This is geared towards those that can not afford to have their site professionally built. All sites are targeting local area keywords. You have the ability to blog on the site also.

The cost for this is an affordable $19.95 per month. One lawn per month pays for this.

CHEESE2009
11-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Not that it's expensive, it's just priced really high compare to most, no?

One of the best prices around are about $3.50/month + a single time annual fee for the domain which is approx $19.

Your price looks like a starting price if you are charging for the entire year up front / in full. - but would it really be $19.95 per every month?:confused:

mark123
11-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Reliable hosting is at least $5/month (there is cheaper but it's run by 2 kids in a basement, they tend to go out of business at random intervals). Domain names are around $1/month.

Having someone professionally create the site and be on call for updates? You can't get that for anywhere near $20/month. Add the minor SEO included and I'd say it's not a bad deal.

As long as the HTML passes the validator! :p

I'd like to see some examples.

The Cleaning Doctor
11-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Not that it's expensive, it's just priced really high compare to most, no?

One of the best prices around are about $3.50/month + a single time annual fee for the domain which is approx $19.

Your price looks like a starting price if you are charging for the entire year up front / in full. - but would it really be $19.95 per every month?:confused:

I knew I was going to get that but it is me taking all the risk here. If the person does not pay after one month I am out a lot of money. This is geared at those that do not have the resources or knowledge to build or have a site built for them. Skip the pizza delivery once a month and you can afford this.

Web sites are actually the best ROI that you could have in advertising. You can spend more than that per month on flyers. There are many out there without a site because they can not afford $250+ to have a site built.

This is a way for someone to get a site and have it be affordable.

mark123
11-14-2011, 06:16 PM
... Web sites are actually the best ROI that you could have in advertising. ...
I can attest to that. Most of my new business comes from my web site. You've got to tweak your business model a bit to handle it.

Clays Landscape
11-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Microsoft Office Live has a program that includes the domain and an easy website management feature. It is only $15 a year. Check out our site that uses it.
www.claysgarden.com

JeffK26
11-14-2011, 10:14 PM
I may be interested in such a service. I'm currently learning websites are hard, I didn't expect it to be easy, but my gosh. And it's not only the technical HTML stuff....it's what to say on what page, how much detail, what info goes where.

One pizza a month??!! we only get one pizza a month! and that's a treat! :D

I already have a domain name, and a website tonight account with GoDaddy. How would we work with this? Are you the owner of the site? Am I? Is GoDaddy? how would you get payment? I'm REALLY new to website lingo.

mark123
11-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Microsoft Office Live has a program that includes the domain and an easy website management feature. It is only $15 a year. Check out our site that uses it.
www.claysgarden.com
Take this in the spirit of being helpful; I don't think that site looks professionally done. It looks a bit accidental on the front and invalid code and outdated tables based layout in the rear.

CHEESE2009
11-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Website stuff is a pain in the arse.

I know basic html, I am awesome at actionscript... Knowing both would be killer.

Html is annoying. It's almost too much coding for the simplest of things to get working. Lots of writting.

People should give lessons on here!!!

Hedgemaster
11-15-2011, 12:01 AM
Website stuff is a pain in the arse.

I know basic html, I am awesome at actionscript... Knowing both would be killer.

Html is annoying. It's almost too much coding for the simplest of things to get working. Lots of writting.

People should give lessons on here!!!

Lesson #1.

Pay someone else to do it.

You're welcome. :D

The Cleaning Doctor
11-15-2011, 02:32 AM
www.claysgarden.com

That is a lot better than many I have seen. 2 problems that I see right away are that wine thing at the top of the page. If I was a customer I would immediately hit the back button thinking I had the wrong page. The second thing is that you are only on the second page and you should be easily on the first page if not at the top of that page for the 2 keywords that I checked.

Overall not bad for a self made site.

The Cleaning Doctor
11-15-2011, 02:42 AM
I may be interested in such a service. I'm currently learning websites are hard, I didn't expect it to be easy, but my gosh. And it's not only the technical HTML stuff....it's what to say on what page, how much detail, what info goes where.

One pizza a month??!! we only get one pizza a month! and that's a treat! :D

I already have a domain name, and a website tonight account with GoDaddy. How would we work with this? Are you the owner of the site? Am I? Is GoDaddy? how would you get payment? I'm REALLY new to website lingo.

With this I own the site but there is always a buyout option. I set these up on a separate hosting account so that it is easy to reassign when needed. The rest of the stuff can be worked out. I was looking at probably using Paypal or plimus for that as a subscription option.

The Cleaning Doctor
11-15-2011, 02:54 AM
I can attest to that. Most of my new business comes from my web site. You've got to tweak your business model a bit to handle it.

I have a customer in Texas that called me one day to say he was going to pay me more monthly for the seo service. The reason, he got a call and landed a job worth 60k per year. That is a lot more than I get paid and it was a Canadian company that found him on the web.

smallstripeslawncare
11-15-2011, 10:09 AM
During high school I used to build sites for people and honestly to me it wasn't worth the time, effort, or start up fee's to keep it rolling.

I personally never want to do pearl script, html, xhtml, javascript, etc...EVER AGAIN! Its fun to learn and fun to practice at first but once you get into it you really get sick of it haha.