PDA

View Full Version : Increasing the Speed of my Toro

Hedgemaster
11-12-2011, 11:05 PM
I think I found a way to increase productivity by adding forward thrust to my Super Recycler!

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy309/IntegrityLawnCare/Lawn%20Care/Misc%20Lawn/MowerBlower799.jpg

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy309/IntegrityLawnCare/Lawn%20Care/Misc%20Lawn/MowerBlower801.jpg

This discovery was made one day when I needed a "third hand" to carry my blower down the street while carrying my trimmer in one hand and pushing the mower with the other.
Pending test results, I may consider a jet turbine in the next phase of development...

:D

CHEESE2009
11-12-2011, 11:44 PM
LMAO!

Thinking outside of the box, well done!

mark123
11-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Nice work, sir!

Those personal pace are slow. Made for old fat home-owners that can take 3 days to cut their front lawn. ;)

The Pro models really are much quicker but they cost about $1100 earning it the roll-eyes award. :rolleyes:

CHEESE2009
11-13-2011, 02:08 PM
I gotta admit they do cut nicely at first, but you can only get so much out of them as they are very delicate machines. Good for hills!

I'd reinforce the pull cord best I could, to avoid it getting caught in the coil. Once it's in there, it's gone baby!

also,

the tiny parts gripping the wires to the handle break off very easily, put some tape over them lol.

- How long have you had that machine for? You must take good friggen care of it!

Hedgemaster
11-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Nice work, sir!

Those personal pace are slow. Made for old fat home-owners that can take 3 days to cut their front lawn. ;)

The Pro models really are much quicker but they cost about $1100 earning it the roll-eyes award. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's that slow, but then I'm 43 years old. Any faster and I'd break a sweat. :D

Hedgemaster
11-13-2011, 03:34 PM
I gotta admit they do cut nicely at first, but you can only get so much out of them as they are very delicate machines. Good for hills!

I'd reinforce the pull cord best I could, to avoid it getting caught in the coil. Once it's in there, it's gone baby!

also,

the tiny parts gripping the wires to the handle break off very easily, put some tape over them lol.

- How long have you had that machine for? You must take good friggen care of it!

Meh. I knew what I was buying when I got it. When I asked for pricing on commercial grade Toro push mowers, I nearly choked. "What would you recommend in the $500 range?"
This was one they have had good luck with and a friend in the dealer business also told me it was probably the best value for the money out there.

I picked it up at the beginning of this season. It's starting to show the abuse- the paint is gone from the underside (easier to clean now) and there are some battle scars from rubbing along concrete walls (and going OVER a wall), but overall it's holding up well.
Aside from the "flap" on the back wearing out halfway through the season, the only other "issue" I'm seeing is that the tire tread has worn down completely. I've changed the oil a few times as well as the air filter and it starts/runs great.
Every day I after I unload, I hose it down and spray the grass from the underside.

mark123
11-13-2011, 03:53 PM
I don't think it's that slow, but then I'm 43 years old. Any faster and I'd break a sweat. :D

Bah, I'm 43. Go borrow one of those nice pro models and jam it in 3rd and cut your mowing time in half. :p

For the price though, you may as well get a two year old walk-behind for a few dollars more.

Hedgemaster
11-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Bah, I'm 43. Go borrow one of those nice pro models and jam it in 3rd and cut your mowing time in half. :p

For the price though, you may as well get a two year old walk-behind for a few dollars more.

That's pretty much what my Toro dealer told me. ;)

(And was the plan for next season until my dog required surgery)

Ducke
11-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Hedge
It looks more like Air conditioning to me .