PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

stelinda
11-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Hi my name is Steven, my wife started Hers & His professional Services last yr. This will help our income when I retire in about 2 yrs. Learning a lot but still would like a few suggstions to help us produce a quality job when done.

Can anyone offer any pictures or suggestions on how to make a chain striping kit for my gravely pro turn 260?

I hope to post other questions to you folks who are the true professionals with the experience to help others.

thank you

Steve
11-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Welcome to our forum.

Here is a picture that might help.

http://www.elm********.com/img37.jpg

my wife started Hers & His professional Services last y

Very interesting! Did she start it herself to offer lawn care or does she offer other services as well?

stelinda
11-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Welcome to our forum.

Here is a picture that might help.

http://www.elm********.com/img37.jpg

Very interesting! Did she start it herself to offer lawn care or does she offer other services as well?

Thanks for the picture reguarding the chain striping I will try and make something to put on my gravely, we both started the service and yes she does offer cleaning an trash removal.

Steve
11-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Take some pictures of your design and experimentations. We'd all love to see what you come up with.

stelinda
12-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Folks, any feed back on Gravely zero turns I just bought two, HD52 and a Pro turn 260. Both Kawasaki engines. I know most are using other brands but for the money Gravely seemed the far better deal? Any input?
Thanks Steve

Steve
12-21-2011, 12:19 PM
I don't see gravelys discussed too often on here but no that you got them, use them and build your business.

Give us your review of them as you use them.

stelinda
01-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Has anyone had any expirence with either of these types of mowers. I know their not heavy commercial but I think they would work for me.
Any in put please?
Thanks Steve

Steve
01-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Are you looking for commercial grade or would a consumer grade model be ok with you?

stelinda
01-31-2012, 05:36 AM
The consumer model ($1299) should be fine?

Steve
02-01-2012, 02:36 AM
Have you checked around locally to see what that amount of money could get you in a used commercial mower? So you could have a comparison?

wandfsmall
02-01-2012, 09:42 AM
The gravely mower is sometimes the same as an Arins mower check to see if a paint change will save you a few hundred bucks. kinda like if you buy a poulan mower it is cheaper then a craftsman mower but the same thing, or even in a few cases a Husquvarna mower is nothing but a poulan with a paint change.

A consumer mower will have a higher maintenance cost then a commercial mower but I do know of people doing it. The Kawasaki motor will likely help with it lasting longer, but the Kawasaki consumer engine is till somewhat untested for long hours. Gravely is not a bad line, not close the market share of the bigger 3(Toro/Exmark, Scag, and Hustler) but Arins is a large company.

stelinda
02-02-2012, 05:55 AM
No I had a scag belt drive 36" but it felt like steering a tank. I wanted a lighter unit for 3 residentual lawns with hills (to steo for zeros)that I currently cut with a 22"Toro. I know the 34"waw Gravely/Ariens is not full commercial but I have been told they reduce the cut time by 1/3 over the 22" without the cost and weight of the full commercial.