PDA

View Full Version : Damages

CHEESE2009
11-09-2011, 12:57 PM
This season has got to have been the worst ever for damage.

Today I was doing leaf removal and was too lazy to use the tractor (weird, I know).

When I use the 21" I push down on the handle so that the deck is raised good enough to mulch without clogging while going through big piles of leaves.

This one client had decorative stones at the end of her lawn which were not visible under the leaves. The lawn mower literally sat on top of one of these stupid stones and had at it.

The noise was god awful, and the only problem was that the blade was somewhat bent upwards, and it was cutting away the underside of the mower, lol...

-
I took out a wrench and bent the blade back into decent shape, and the lawn mower works better than it has in 3 years. I think I have the magic touch!

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/wrench-1.jpg
The most useful tool in the world.

I use a wrench as a hammer, to bend things, to loosen or tighten things... amazing tool.. lol

Steve
11-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Holy crap! That sounds like it was a shocker! Good thing it didn't shoot anything out and break something!

CHEESE2009
11-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Holy crap! That sounds like it was a shocker! Good thing it didn't shoot anything out and break something!

I always have this fear of a blade coming loose at an incredible speed, cutting my legs off... or something like that. :o

wandfsmall
11-09-2011, 09:29 PM
I took out a wrench and bent the blade back into decent shape, and the lawn mower works better than it has in 3 years. I think I have the magic touch!

I have seen blades break after someone bent them back so I would suggest changing the blade. They are way to cheep to take a risk with it being weaker from bending.

Steve
11-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Yikes, that is a good point.

Scott, has this experience scared you enough to make you use your tractor now for such situations?