PDA

View Full Version : Free Equipment

SECTLANDSCAPING
11-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Did a late season pressure wash and the customer gave me a lawn vac/blower, chipper. Its a no name brand garden way. Anyways its a 4 hp tecumsah. That seems way to weak to blow leaves. I wonder if I could put a beefier motor on.

It wouldnt start so I tried to take apart carb but the screws are stripped on one side. I was able to give it a partial cleaning. When I went to put it back together I messed up the gov linkage. When I switch it from off, slow, fast the linkage doesnt move. I didnt disconnect the spring its the part that goes on top and moves the choke that im having trouble with. It would be easier if I could get the carb dissembled. I found a hole in the primer bulb too. I was able to get it to run for about 10 seconds by putting my finger over the primer but it was put putting. On top of that the thread on the muffler bolts are stripped but I dont see how that will effect operation.

The model # 47021 ill have to get the engine # in the morning.

Steve
11-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Can you show us a picture or two of the problem with the linkage and the stripped screw?

Ducke
11-09-2011, 07:12 PM
I love FREE equipment :D

wandfsmall
11-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Did a late season pressure wash and the customer gave me a lawn vac/blower, chipper. Its a no name brand garden way. Anyways its a 4 hp tecumsah. That seems way to weak to blow leaves. I wonder if I could put a beefier motor on.

It wouldnt start so I tried to take apart carb but the screws are stripped on one side. I was able to give it a partial cleaning. When I went to put it back together I messed up the gov linkage. When I switch it from off, slow, fast the linkage doesnt move. I didnt disconnect the spring its the part that goes on top and moves the choke that im having trouble with. It would be easier if I could get the carb dissembled. I found a hole in the primer bulb too. I was able to get it to run for about 10 seconds by putting my finger over the primer but it was put putting. On top of that the thread on the muffler bolts are stripped but I dont see how that will effect operation.

The model # 47021 ill have to get the engine # in the morning.

if you get me the engine numbers I should be able to post a breakdown. I will warn you before you sink much money though most people with that piece of equipment that I know were not happy. I was just happy I never sold them and don't now...

You also might be able to swap out a push motor engine on it depending on the crank size of the engine you can find.

SECTLANDSCAPING
11-10-2011, 12:09 AM
engine # tvs115
I didnt have a chance to look at it today but I think I know where I messed up the speed control. Still dont know what hole to stick it in so the breakdown will help. I couldnt find to much info on the engine.

I dont plan on spending any money besides a primer bulb, two bolts for the side of carb and air filter if it starts. I did try to find a primer bulb with no luck today. I can use a saw to cut into one bolt and back it out with a flat head but I dont see how I can get at the one close to the engine.

I would think it would suck not in a good way as a vaccum and chipper but it might be ok as a push blower. 4HP is around the size of my backpacks so I dont expect much. Thats why I was interested in trying to put a 6.5-7 hp engine on it. I do have a 4.5hp chipper vac already and I use it on parking lots and gravel. It just doesnt do the job on grass and when it does clogs and fills to fast.

SECTLANDSCAPING
11-11-2011, 05:49 PM
I was able to get the carb completely apart today. I then took a wire and wrapped it around the gov linkage and speed trigger so it would move. I cant figure out how to replace the primer bulb. Theres no clip holding it in the front and no way to get at it from the inside. It still runs for 5 seconds and cuts off but now its at the right idle speed. I think it might be a safety. So what do I do unplug every wire or what?

wandfsmall
11-11-2011, 07:52 PM
I was able to get the carb completely apart today. I then took a wire and wrapped it around the gov linkage and speed trigger so it would move. I cant figure out how to replace the primer bulb. Theres no clip holding it in the front and no way to get at it from the inside. It still runs for 5 seconds and cuts off but now its at the right idle speed. I think it might be a safety. So what do I do unplug every wire or what?

sorry I fully missed your last post a link the the diagram is here

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=tecumseh&mn=61070E-TVS115

not much call for tec parts anymore so I never got it all on my site. If it runs for 5 min and cuts off it could be a lot of things. One thing I would check is compression as when the engine heats up it might stop sucking fuel. Another is the fuel cap, it can cause a vacuum not allowing fuel into the carb.

Steve
11-12-2011, 04:44 AM
If it runs for 5 min and cuts off it could be a lot of things.

I think he said 5 seconds. So would that make you think it was more a fuel or carb issue? Like it's using up the fuel in the bowl and then it dies?

wandfsmall
11-15-2011, 04:28 PM
I think he said 5 seconds. So would that make you think it was more a fuel or carb issue? Like it's using up the fuel in the bowl and then it dies?

online you can not tell the difference between a fuel and a carb issue most of the time. But with the carb most of the time it will surge or not start. A fuel issue would be starting and running fine then dying after a few min. I am hoping he posts that when it tried it without the gas cap it worked fine.

Steve
11-16-2011, 12:23 PM
One thing I would check is compression as when the engine heats up it might stop sucking fuel.

How does engine heat effect compression?

SECTLANDSCAPING
11-26-2011, 12:19 PM
online you can not tell the difference between a fuel and a carb issue most of the time. But with the carb most of the time it will surge or not start. A fuel issue would be starting and running fine then dying after a few min. I am hoping he posts that when it tried it without the gas cap it worked fine.

Same issue without gas cap. I drained the machine and stored it for the winter. I will troubleshoot this in the spring maybe get a rebuild kit for the carb.

wandfsmall
11-26-2011, 01:37 PM
How does engine heat effect compression?

sorry missed your question. Heat causes metal to expand at different rates this affects the compression once the engine heats up.

wandfsmall
11-26-2011, 01:38 PM
Same issue without gas cap. I drained the machine and stored it for the winter. I will troubleshoot this in the spring maybe get a rebuild kit for the carb.

good luck I will help with the best I can but it is hard to troubleshoot an engine online.