PDA

View Full Version : Mulch Labor Pricing

hawthornelawncare
11-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi there everyone. Im getting alot of mulch labor request and i was woundering what you guys normally would charge for labor on laying mulch. Lets say price for just 1 cubic yard. If im correct that covers a 100sq feet. I want to get ideas on what to really charge for labor. If its just myself doing it and spreading it out to 2 inch deepth

Growing Green
11-07-2011, 12:29 AM
I charge $35 a yard, if there isn't a lot of stuff in the beds or if plants are died back during winter. If the beds are full and I have to get down and spread it out with my hands under plants and around them then I charge $40 a yard.

Matt

Steve
11-07-2011, 04:54 AM
In another post, we were talking about 1yd of mulch takes about 1 hr to install. So if that is the case for you, could you charge your hourly rate per yard of mulch?

hawthornelawncare
11-07-2011, 05:22 AM
i probably could charge my hourly rate. Just my hourly rate is different at times.alot of the lawns around me here are small. im just trying to figure what a good per 1 yard of mulch is good to charge. I have heard people say charge double what you pay per yard of mulch and thats your labor and mulch per yard.

like i can get red mulch for 25.00 a yard. so ive been told to charge 50.00 the 25 for the mulch and then 25 for the labor. thats if im doing it myself so is this sorta a good way to go?

oh and yeah im talkiing about where the area the mulch is going is totally ready to go..

Steve
11-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Well looking at the big picture, your price is dependent on your materials and the time spent to install. So you have to consider how long the job will take.

If you feel like it will take 1 hr per yard of mulch to install, and you are happy with making $25 per hour then good.

I would look at how you are bidding your lawn jobs and figure out what you are making per hour and use that as a base line to figure out how much you should be charging for mulch installs.

Does this help?