PDA

View Full Version : Landscape spot lights to shine on upper wall of building.

pblawncare
11-06-2011, 10:14 AM
I recently installed a Vinyl banner on a brick wall for one of my commercial customers, hes now wanting a spot light to shine on the banner? would I be better to go with a landscape spotlight or installing one directly on the wall. the banner is aprox. 11 ft. long 3.5 tall,and about 10 ft. off the ground to the bottom of the banner. any suggestions?

Hedgemaster
11-06-2011, 04:29 PM
"Banner" implies "temporary", so I wouldn't go through the effort of installing a permanent light fixture for one.

Steve
11-07-2011, 03:44 AM
That is a good question.

Do you have space on the ground in front of the banner ad to put some spot lights?

Maybe 4 evenly spaced ones?

pblawncare
11-07-2011, 05:49 AM
I believe I do have the space, its def. more cost effective to do it the way your talking about on the ground, and a heck of a lot easier to remove those lights than the fixed install on the building.

Lowes has some decent lights I've seen, but I want something thats bright, and unsure of what to use, LED or Halogen?

Steve
11-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Have you priced the lights out there in your area? You could offer the customer both and explain the pros and cons of each. For example, higher price for one but it will be brighter vs. cheaper but it will be dimmer.

Once you know which the customer wants to pay for you could then go and install them.

Do you have access to an outdoor electrical outlet?

pblawncare
11-09-2011, 06:48 AM
customer did not want to spend a fortune on lighting, so what we did was we got some real simple lights that plug into an outlet, put a 90w flood light bulb in like they call for, and ran a drop cord for the gentlemans basement of his building where the outlet is, ran it neatly out of a place where we could gain access to it, along a wall with some emt conduit straps to hold it, in place. this will make it where when we start mowing again in the spring, we can pick up the lights mow, set them back in place, and the drop cord can be moved easily as needed.

Steve
11-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Good for you for being able to work with the customer, find out what they were willing to spend and get them a solution that fit their price range!

You should take some pics to show us what you did.