PDA

View Full Version : new service questions

jford1995
11-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Hey guys back a cople months ago I was on here asking yall what u thought about hauling off live christmas trees after christmas. Well the topic is back.. I have got several places I can take them for free. As its come closer to time to start marketing this service I have thought about marketing it for free if they sign a one year service agreement and for a fee if they do not want to sign an agreement. How well do yall think that would work and what's the best way to market it?

mark123
11-03-2011, 10:29 PM
It would be really hilarious if you dressed up like the Grinch as you take the trees away. :D
http://images.imaginekitty.com/How-the-Grinch-Stole-Christmas.jpg

Hedgemaster
11-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Can we assume that you've already checked to be sure that the trash collector won't ALSO take them - for free?

Around here they do.

Maybe you could spin it to the eco-minded that you are "recycling" them.

Steve
11-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Something to think about to is, would you want to have some kind of initial payment to get them started on their annual lawn care agreement?

Might they sign up and then cancel after you take their tree away?

Would it be a big deal for you or not if they did this?

Are there any other services you could perform over the winter that you could be charging them for under an annual property maintenance contract so they could start paying for the month of january?

jford1995
11-06-2011, 08:59 AM
hedgemaster.. no the trash services wont take brush or anything like that of any sort so thats a plus.

steve.. yes it would be a big deal to me if they cancled because im hoping to do this and also promote spring clean up with a discount if they sign up for a service agreement. im hoping to get enough yards and work next year that i can buy me a new mower. the one ive been using is a residential and its time to retire it! im suprised it still cuts grass as good as it does!

Steve
11-07-2011, 04:38 AM
Maybe you could promote a free Christmas tree removal along with a signed annual lawn care agreement and possibly rent a tow behind chipper to just shred the trees right there on the spot and do it all in one day?

I bet if you made a graphic of it and put the word free at top and put that in craigslist, it might really attract some customers.

You could see if there is any interest in it for nothing more than your time to put the ad together.

What's your thought on that?

jford1995
11-07-2011, 11:44 PM
heres the craigslist ad i put together. so are you saying maybe just advertise on craigslist and maybe in like the korner markets and thats it? does craigslist really work that well?

dclawnfl
11-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Maybe you could promote a free Christmas tree removal along with a signed annual lawn care agreement and possibly rent a tow behind chipper to just shred the trees right there on the spot and do it all in one day?

I bet if you made a graphic of it and put the word free at top and put that in craigslist, it might really attract some customers.

You could see if there is any interest in it for nothing more than your time to put the ad together.

What's your thought on that?

we are in business to make money ,we make about 500 a yr for throwing away tree's.dont do it for free. your gas labor ins and repairs.tires have gone up by22% this yr.free.

jford1995
11-08-2011, 07:54 AM
i was only going to do it for free if they signed a contract for the next season. how much do you charge to get rid of a tree?