PDA

View Full Version : 2-6 predicted for northeast

SECTLANDSCAPING
10-28-2011, 12:16 PM
The news is saying 2-6" of snow will fall tomorrow. I looked into a little and some are saying just rain and others rain and snow.

So I received phone calls from 3 commercial lots wondering if the seasonal contracts that start in nov will cover this? Not sure what to say honestly. Usually the snow doesnt start till mid dec. I know if I was in this predicament a business would tell me no. So not sure whether to charge them for a push or not.

It is really weird to get snow this early. I'm still waiting for the leaves to fall to do clean ups. Yeah homeowners wait till the last minute.

SECTLANDSCAPING
10-28-2011, 04:07 PM
The latest!
http://www.plowsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=101655&stc=1&d=1319835400

Steve
10-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Holy crap! It makes you wonder if this winter will be one of those crazy winters.

SECTLANDSCAPING
10-30-2011, 12:00 AM
So far all the snow is melting. Its falling but not sticking. Lots of rain and some good wind but not much happening otherwise. Its kinda good I wasnt fully prepared to plow. I had to spend yesterday putting the plow and sander on. I bought 3 yards of salt and now it has to sit. At least I know everything is working. Still have to get a few small repairs done before winter hits.

The only good to come out of this is the plow contracts 1st payments were due the 10th. When I told 2 of the property groups I would cover them for this storm they mailed out the check that day. Another 2 lots that I was told I got, didnt send the contracts back till this popped up.

Steve
10-31-2011, 09:50 PM
Do you think you will change the way you handle your snow plow contracts next year to deal with situations like this?

fullblast
11-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Had a bunch of trees down around here. A bunch of people were out of electric. We were lucky and kept current the whole time.

Crazy to have snow like that with leaves still on the trees.

It was kind of cool to see all the leaves under the trees, most times the leaves are blown off and are scattered around, but after the snow abunch of leaves were right around the base of the tree.

Steve
11-02-2011, 04:13 AM
Had a bunch of trees down around here.

Were you able to jump on any tree clearing jobs?