PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Landscape Lighting

Clays Landscape
10-23-2011, 03:55 PM
I have had a customer of mine want to have some lighting installed. She does not want cheap stuff. Where do you all recommend to buy nice lighting to accent the new landscaping job i just completed for her?

If you all have any insight on doing lighting jobs also, please post them as well.

brian'slawncare
10-23-2011, 06:39 PM
try kischler..

Steve
10-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Here is another site.

http://www.hadco.com

In the past on here one of the members put together a lighting presentation bag that included a bunch of different lights and a car battery.

He would go to the customer's house at night and hook up the 12 volt lights in different places around the yard to accentuate different landscape elements. Like walkways, trees, decks etc.

Have you thought of doing something like this so you could really nail down what the customer wanted?

Upscale2
10-24-2011, 05:47 PM
There are several big names out there. Search online or go to a fine lighting company/or landscape supply company that stocks landscape lighting.

The low voltage stuff is great and easy to install. The junction box actually plugs in to an outlet and you can add timers etc.....

Just follow the instructions on how many lights you can get on each line, that will determine the size of the junction box needed.

You can make some good money installing lights!! Good luck!

Steve
10-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Keep us posted on how this job goes.

Clays Landscape
11-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Just an update on the lighting project.

I priced the Philips Hadco and Kichler lights, WOW!
They are way to expensive for the clients I have. I gave the estimate to the couple that asked for it and needless to say, did not get the job.

Steve
11-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Would it help to offer the customer different options with different price points?