PDA

View Full Version : Advertising and Marketing

op25ttfd
10-23-2011, 01:57 PM
I was called by a marketing firm that sells advertising with a well known Real Estate company in my local area. Long story short, they are giving me an oppurtunity to have an add on the folder that the Real Estate company hands to potential clients. I will be the only Lawn Company that gets advertised on the folder for a price of course which in my mind the price is not that bad. Just wanna see what people in the business think because I have only been in the business for 6 months.

Hedgemaster
10-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Will you be able to service clients everywhere this real estate company is selling homes?

Something to consider.

Ducke
10-23-2011, 09:17 PM
I work with a Real Estate agent and she puts an ad in her news letter that she send out to her customer data base as well as new and prospect customers.
Now she dose this for me at No Charge but the response from it was worth paying something for it if I had to. The area of service is wide but I can make most inquires work out.

op25ttfd
10-24-2011, 12:37 PM
I would like to expand to where I can get just 2 people so I can help take the labor load off of me and be able to count on when I am at my full time job as a fireman.

Steve
10-24-2011, 06:43 PM
How many of these folders would be handed out and what kind of price do they want for this? And as was previously asked, will you be servicing 100% of the areas they sell homes in?

op25ttfd
10-25-2011, 08:35 AM
I'm sorry, I meant to answer that question earlier. The folders will be distributed to local residential and commercial clients. They distribute an average of 4,000 folders per year, it' costing me $400 for the spot on the folder and I get to approve it or my money back.

Steve
10-25-2011, 08:19 PM
When will you be going with this if you decide to do it?

op25ttfd
10-25-2011, 08:59 PM
They will start producing the rough copies for approval, and my wonderful wife is my co-owner who deals with all advertising and marketing. She also does the property bids for me so all I have to do is worry about the actual labor and this has worked out well. Sorry to get off track a little, the final product will start going out to clients of the Real Estate company on Jan. 1st 2012. My wife is also going in to have a face to face sit down with the Real Estate company to go over any questions that either side may have.

Steve
10-26-2011, 06:42 PM
I have to say that I am really not in love with this idea.

Knowing that it is possible to do something similar to this only for the price of printing a flyer, as Ducke mentioned, I do wonder if you could work out a deal with other Realtors to make this happen.

Also, I just don't know how much of your target audience is going to be seeing the ad.

I am thinking you could get a lot more response from a local newspaper ad or marketing in craigslist, for a lot cheaper.

It would be interesting if you could see their previous year's folders and see if there was a lawn care business who advertised in it. If there was, I would call them and see if I could talk to them about it. I would also be concerned if there was a lawn care business in it last year and they decided not to run their ad again in the next year. If it worked, they would keep it in there for as long as it kept pulling in calls.

But keep us posted on your thoughts on this.

op25ttfd
10-26-2011, 06:47 PM
I will sure keep you guys updated. Thanks for the advice.