PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!!

ch4x0r
10-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Just wanted to introduce myself, i'm new to the scene and i'm wanting to start my own lawn care services by the upcoming season as of right now i'm still looking for deals on equipment and reading reading reading on the forums and google..lol I live in a pretty small area so it kind of concerns me on how successful it can be but on the upside im very well known and liked and my family knows lots and lots of people here :)

My outlook on the lawn care is to do a excellent job every time, offer friendly service and be very competitive on the price's. Show them what your lawn care can do for their yard and improve it. This will be my first go around besides doing my own yard and a few neighbors but im determined to make it work and be my own boss. Also i get satisfaction out of seeing the good work after it's done.

I must admit though im a bit nervous about pricing to high or to low etc cause like i said this is a small town on the upnote though i do done have 1 set of town houses to do for 750 a month once i get started and it will be contracted...well im putting it as service agreement people just seem to like that wording better!!! ok guys hope all is well and your all making lot's of money!!

Steve
10-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Have you considered getting your feet wet a little by offering some fall cleanups?

ch4x0r
10-25-2011, 01:36 AM
Hey steve and thanks!! And well i have thought about it but to be honest i really don't know what all to offer for fall clean up besides leaf removal and i have no idea on where to start on the pricing of it. actually which brings me i'm going to buy some lawn care software. Im really new to all this but i'm determined to make it work i have a 4 year old little princess i gotta raise and the jobs here are well next to nothing lol

mark123
10-25-2011, 07:31 AM
Hey steve and thanks!! And well i have thought about it but to be honest i really don't know what all to offer for fall clean up besides leaf removal and i have no idea on where to start on the pricing of it. actually which brings me i'm going to buy some lawn care software. Im really new to all this but i'm determined to make it work i have a 4 year old little princess i gotta raise and the jobs here are well next to nothing lol

For pricing a decent rule of thumb for a startup is $30 per hour. Depends on your area though.

Gopher is best in my opinion. Daily scheduling and job completion takes a few seconds and I appreciate that at the end of a long day. If you do snow, get the Plus or Pro version so that you get "the Matrix". Makes clicking off completed jobs easy.