PDA

View Full Version : mower worth??

ch4x0r
10-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Ok hello all im new here i was just wondering if anyone was familiar with this cub cadet zero turn its a 2006 42"inch cut 17 hp im not sure of the model number any advice on what it is worth and if it is a good mower to start out with part time. Also it has 120 hrs on it thanks!

ch4x0r
10-22-2011, 10:20 PM
well i'm trying to upload a picture lol:confused:

justin_time
10-22-2011, 10:29 PM
This mower looks like a residential mower so it would be around $3500 to $4000 but that's just my guess.. it could be higher a bit or lower..

ch4x0r
10-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the fast reply, and yes it's residential mower i'm pretty sure as a lady on a forum has it for sale she is asking 800.00 dollars for it so i'm really assuming that's a great deal!!

justin_time
10-22-2011, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the fast reply, and yes it's residential mower i'm pretty sure as a lady on a forum has it for sale she is asking 800.00 dollars for it so i'm really assuming that's a great deal!!

That's what new ones are. I know that the price is around that. I have a commercial one and it cost me $8500 + taxes ($9760).

$800 is pretty good if you wanna get started with that but you will notice it won't help you when you are going to be making it work like a commercial one as everyday use.

If your really stuck, I'd go for it at $800 and go from there. Eventually you'll wanna get a commercial one

ch4x0r
10-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Yeah it will be used for part time starting out i live in a pretty small town so most work will be residential, And hopefully ill build up fast i done have 1 set of townhouses lined up for 750 a month and its 2 minutes from my house so it worked out good but eventually here is the package i want http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-60-HUSQVARNA-ZERO-TURN-LAWN-MOWER-PACKAGE-DEAL-/150625556767?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2311fb991f#ht_7186wt_905

SECTLANDSCAPING
10-23-2011, 12:18 AM
I think thats a RZT $2500-2700 new with warranty. I drove one before and its slow. A bit faster then a riding mower but not by much. I would say 6mph max.

JLH Pro Lawn Care
10-23-2011, 08:41 AM
I had a Cub Cadet RZT 50 for about a month, loved it but when the going gets tough it fails, the hydro pumps are not up to commercial use and they are sealed so no fixin them once they leak down and then they get hot and quit, 800 isn't bad I bought used and then sold my RZT50 for 1250.00 it was nice til I did more than 2 acres in a day with it...save your money and buy a used commercial zero turn you will thank your self over and over again if you do.

ch4x0r
10-23-2011, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the advice guy's, and yeah i've got to do some saving before i can get much more i thought about just financing the husq.. package i posted a link to but everyone seems to be against financing to start out. So you guys seem to know so im following advice here lol.

wandfsmall
10-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the advice guy's, and yeah i've got to do some saving before i can get much more i thought about just financing the husq.. package i posted a link to but everyone seems to be against financing to start out. So you guys seem to know so im following advice here lol.

just starting out unless your a mechanic I would recommend buying local, maybe since your looking at that package look at a commercial walk. The main reason is you will have a support system if you have any problems. Also just for note they are not really that cheap on the package. Also if you piece it together you can do it with less debt and better equipment.

ch4x0r
10-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Any advice on what equipment to get starting out im drawn to the husqavarna for some reason, ive read and read reviews but so many people have different choices its hard to really choose whats best. and like i said most of my business will be residential with the exceptions of the town houses and 1 gas market i have lined up.

JLH Pro Lawn Care
10-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Any advice on what equipment to get starting out im drawn to the husqavarna for some reason, ive read and read reviews but so many people have different choices its hard to really choose whats best. and like i said most of my business will be residential with the exceptions of the town houses and 1 gas market i have lined up.

I use husky line equipment and Tanaka line equipment and the husky stuff is good til it breaks then i have zero dealer support and that suxs, word to the wise most commercial equipment is good but only as good as parts and repair availability go so see what dealers you have close and talk to them, next year for me i am buying all new echo products since that is what everyone services around here:D

wandfsmall
10-23-2011, 10:14 PM

2 things I do not like about husky

1 not a single dealer near me with a service center.

2 I am not a fan if the integrated drive systems like the PZT from Husky, or the Scag Cheetah. I think you will find when they get some hours on them that they will not last like the old pumps and wheel motors. This comes from the current systems do not hold up well enough for large commercial outfits long term.

ch4x0r
10-25-2011, 12:38 AM
Well i made the guy a offer of 650 for the cub cadet thinking well it will work until i get going and can afford some new stuff and then have it as a back up mower but he declined so im debating on the 800 lol just being 5 years old makes me wonder im not a mechanic lol:D