PDA

View Full Version : Racked open trailer or Enclosed Trailer

JLH Pro Lawn Care
10-22-2011, 12:49 AM
I am trying to decide which way to go, I have a 7x12 open trailer now and the work pig is a 3/4 ton econoline cargo van (no windows) but as my business grows so does the value of my equipment (new 54" zero turn instead of old 48" walk behinds) and I was curious what you all thought was better? I just hate my mowers in the weather as the trailer is not kept in a garage nor will it ever be.

mark123
10-22-2011, 01:59 AM
54"? Did you go with Dixie Chopper?

There are a bunch of guys in town that run open trailers and only two that use these insanely huge enclosed trailers. I mean they look like they belong on the back of a semi-truck. It is impressive with their huge logos and giant phone numbers but I wonder what they use in gas.

JLH Pro Lawn Care
10-23-2011, 09:12 AM
No Dixie Chopper in my equipment lineup I got a Lesco Ztwo (LOVE IT!!), I wasn't thinking huge I was thinking a 7x12 or maybe 7x16 enclosed since I run a 7x12 open now and everything fits nicely but just not sure if its worth it or not.

Clays Landscape
10-23-2011, 09:54 AM
No Dixie Chopper in my equipment lineup I got a Lesco Ztwo (LOVE IT!!), I wasn't thinking huge I was thinking a 7x12 or maybe 7x16 enclosed since I run a 7x12 open now and everything fits nicely but just not sure if its worth it or not.

I have a 7x16 enclosed trailer and I love it! I have plenty of room in it. It acts as my mobile office and a traveling billboard.