PDA

View Full Version : Billing in advance

element009
10-21-2011, 10:13 AM
I see a lot of you guys do billing in advance. This year I billed at the end of each month, but I really like the idea of doing it in advance. I have 2 questions to put out there:

1. What's the best method to convince existing customers to switch to this sort of billing cycle?

2. I understand that I can bill cuts in advance, but what do you do when unexpected clean-ups, mulching, or any other non-regular service comes up? Do you bill these upon completion of the job or do you include it in the next monthly billing cycle?

Liberty Landscaping LLC
10-21-2011, 12:03 PM
I bill in advance, my exisiting customers I told them this year billing was being done this way. I gave them lots of notice and they all knew that I showed up. The new ones are told this is our billing methods and any services not completed due to our reasons mechanical issues etc. Are credited for next month. As far as any other services I bill them on completion or large jobs they give me a deposit because in the past I order material and they cancel this has eliminated that issue I normally take a minimum of 25% deposit. I hope this helps.

Steve
10-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Would it be easier to implement this with new customers?

Then maybe change over your current customers to bill them mid month where they need to pay by the end of the month?

Then you could have staggered billing and have money coming in every two weeks.

justin_time
10-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Would it be easier to implement this with new customers?

Then maybe change over your current customers to bill them mid month where they need to pay by the end of the month?

Then you could have staggered billing and have money coming in every two weeks.

That's what I do.. I bill every 15 days.. so on the 15th and 30th... Due in 15.. so I give customer 2 weeks to pay.. and if not, a 5% charge goes on their bill.. I give commercial accounts 30 days with 15 days to pay

turf&tree
10-21-2011, 08:39 PM
We bill our fert customers at time of service, maintenance customers end of month, and all others mulch, cleanups, plantings etc on completion with a 50%
deposit. Usually this staggers the money coming in. Can't see billing for future work because of variables, weather, equip malfunction, scheduling conflicts. We also take all credit cards and get paid faster because of that.
Jim