PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen American Hoggers?

Steve
10-20-2011, 04:33 PM
This is one of my new favorite shows.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sBxUWWbbc4o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

American Hoggers. It looks like it might be fun to go out hog hunting. I wonder though if the hog meat would taste any better than deer meat. I never ate wild hog before.

SECTLANDSCAPING
10-20-2011, 04:57 PM
I couldnt see the whole title and clicked on the thread thinking he better not be talking about American Idol. :) I havent seen this yet.

CHEESE2009
10-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Damn that looks like a lot of fun.

Just attach a plow to the front of a truck, run them all down.

Maybe even throw a few sticks of dynamite for the trickier ones, I tell you what!

.... I want bacon!

picframer
10-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Haven't seen an episode yet, working too many hours however I had wild hog meat while visiting a friend in Texas a few years back, it was friggin amazing.

Ducke
10-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Pretty bad when you need subtitles on an English language show. ;)

What next "Turf Talkers"
The story of a family able to talk your lawn into growing better.
Watch "Pa Simple" Talk a lawn into stop growing.
His son "Really Simple" Talk Turf into being greener.
"Ma Simple" makes a bare spot vanish in front of your eyes just by talking to the grass.
See their daughter Pretty Simple kill weed by spitting tobacco on them.
One strange talent, one strange family Turf Talkers tonight at 10pm

CHEESE2009
10-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Pretty bad when you need subtitles on an English language show. ;)

What next "Turf Talkers"
The story of a family able to talk your lawn into growing better.
Watch "Pa Simple" Talk a lawn into stop growing.
His son "Really Simple" Talk Turf into being greener.
"Ma Simple" makes a bare spot vanish in front of your eyes just by talking to the grass.
See their daughter Pretty Simple kill weed by spitting tobacco on them.
One strange talent, one strange family Turf Talkers tonight at 10pm

Wait, that isn't a show already????

Steve
10-21-2011, 03:17 PM
LOL Scott, you should make a 30 promo for turf talkers hahahahah that would be hilarious!

dairack
10-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Hey Steve - glad to hear you enjoy the show too! I love the Campbells!

I'll be tuning in tonight for the second episode. For those of you who don't know, you can catch the second episode of American Hoggers tonight on A&E at 10/9c.

Also, I'd suggest that every fan of the show should check out this infographic about the feral hog issue - http://imgur.com/TuNMY. Some people aren't aware of how bad the situation is with these wild boars!

I'm helping A&E spread the word about American Hoggers so if there are any questions let me know!

Derek

Steve
10-26-2011, 06:10 PM
As I was watching the show, I was wondering what was the benefit to the way they capture the hogs?

What I mean by that is, why try to wrestle them and put yourself at risk when you can just shoot them and move on to the next one?

Is it worthwhile for them to handle it this way?

dairack
10-27-2011, 01:46 PM
As I was watching the show, I was wondering what was the benefit to the way they capture the hogs?

What I mean by that is, why try to wrestle them and put yourself at risk when you can just shoot them and move on to the next one?

Is it worthwhile for them to handle it this way?

Hey Steve,

To answer your question, they only shoot the hogs on site if it becomes a particularly dangerous, threatening situation. Otherwise, the boars are captured alive.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Derek

Steve
10-27-2011, 06:38 PM
What is the benefit to doing that though? Wouldn't they be able to remove a lot more hogs if they just shot them all on site?

dairack
10-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Oftentimes, the meat from these hogs is donated to regional food banks. If the hogs were shot on site, the Texas heat would cause the meat to spoil before it could be given to those in need.

Hope this helps Steve!

Derek