PDA

View Full Version : Postal Rate Increases

tiedeman
03-05-2007, 12:57 PM
I have been reading a lot of recent news that the postal rate may increase this year anywhere from 2 cents to 8 cents per first class stamp.

Does that effect you much? What are going to do to help decrease your postal expenses?

Steve
03-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Part of me is concerned about this because I do wonder what will happen to the US Post Office? I mean is it going to be a relic in 10 years? How much more can it raise it's prices before no one sends anything through it anymore and then what?

AMW Graphics
03-05-2007, 02:52 PM
I think they could save money (and kep prices the same) by not bringing mail on satudays. make saturday a "special" dil. type. And charge extra for it.

We dont use the US mail much, about 85% ships fedex, 10% ups and the other 5 would be us mail.

Or how about them offering "us mail email delivery", like bulk mail but sent to email addresses... you pay $xx.xx to send an email to xxxx email addresses, sent by the US Mail.

tiedeman
03-05-2007, 07:53 PM
that is something to consider

Steve
03-06-2007, 09:21 AM
I bet ultimately you will see something like that. In the future we probably won't have mail delivered each day of the week.

PremierLand
04-08-2007, 01:30 AM
Theres not much we can do. I dont send many invoices out by email, maybe 10-15. But I mail out around 150 envelopes each month. So even 8 cents is only $12 extra a month. I dont really mind, its a cost of doing business. Now if I was sending out 100,000,000 envelopes that'd be different. But still, its the cost of doing business, and if your charging enough you wont have a problem with this.

That being said, if gas was to go up in price, I'd be pist, but I spend way more per month on fuel ($900) than stamps, plus stamps allow the paycheck to come!!!!!