PDA

View Full Version : New in town

landerslawn
10-17-2011, 12:57 PM
How's it going everyone? My name is Scott and I just started up Landers Lawn and Landscape this year. I have been in this business for 15 years now and finally decided to take control of it all and start up my own thing. I don't really like the way some of the bigger companies treat their customers let alone their employees. My whole goal is to show people what an honest Landscaping company looks like.

Steve
10-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Hi Scott,

Welcome to our forum!

With your 15 years of experience in the industry, what kinds of do's and dont's have you learned that you are able to apply now to your own business to make it better?

landerslawn
10-20-2011, 10:44 AM
The most important thing that I have learned is that you have to treat your customers like family. I have a concept to answer all phone calls and if I can't answer it when they call make sure I do it within the hour. Get to their property to bid or fix what's wrong asap. Don't make them wait more than one day if at all possible. If you do this they will call another company and you may loose your bid or customer. Make sure to show them your appreciation by sending out Christmas cards or Holiday cards each year. There are many companies that offer coupon books that you can put your company logo on the front as a gift for your clients. All in all just treat your customers like you would want a company to treat you, as if you were their primary customer. Oh and one more thing. Don't favor one client over another. I don't care if one is in a better part of town and pays better or has you do more than most. All of your clients should be #1.

hewitt12
10-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new here. Glad to bump in the forums. Really wish you all the blessing and to work with you in the future.

Steve
10-20-2011, 05:19 PM
As you reflect on your previous employer that ran a lawn care business, did you see a lot of things they did that you disagreed with? What kinds of things do you feel they got right and excelled at?