PDA

View Full Version : who out there owns Gravely or Bob Cat Zero Turns??

bradsnipes
10-13-2011, 12:55 AM
i am a Scag man through and through (and still believe they are the best machine built but they have priced themselves out of the market in my opinon) but i have been recently in the market for a new zero turn and went to a local Gravely dealer and was really impressed with what i have seen, and was even more impressed when i saw the price tag and compared it to a Scag. Can i get some opinions on Gravelys here from guys that a running them? I am looking at the Gravely Pro Turn 252. thanks:confused:

Same with Bob Cat zero turn mowers. Can i get some opinions on them as well from guys that are running them? I am looking at the Bob Cat Pro Cat in a 52 inch cut.Thanks guys !! :confused:

Sprinkler Buddy
10-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Scag is a much better machine than the Gravely. For home use go with the Gravely to save money, for commercial use check out the Hustler, it is more than the Gravely and less than the Scag. I started out with Scags, then tried Exmart, now I run Hustlers. I have been very pleased with them going on 5 yrs now.

wandfsmall
10-13-2011, 05:09 PM
i am a Scag man through and through (and still believe they are the best machine built but they have priced themselves out of the market in my opinon) but i have been recently in the market for a new zero turn and went to a local Gravely dealer and was really impressed with what i have seen, and was even more impressed when i saw the price tag and compared it to a Scag. Can i get some opinions on Gravelys here from guys that a running them? I am looking at the Gravely Pro Turn 252. thanks:confused:

Same with Bob Cat zero turn mowers. Can i get some opinions on them as well from guys that are running them? I am looking at the Bob Cat Pro Cat in a 52 inch cut.Thanks guys !! :confused:

the best mower depends on how good your dealer is and what kind of grass you are cutting. I suggest talking to the dealers and trying to get a demo of the mowers your looking at. I will say I have sold Bobcat mowers to customers that came back saying they outcut a scag unit that they had. I think it all has to do with how the mower is setup and the support from the dealership you buy the mower from.

kalawn
10-14-2011, 01:42 PM
I run mostly all gravely machines (2 72" promaster 200xdz, 2 60" promaster 200xdz, 2 52" prostance floating deck 2 promaster rapid xz and 1 prowalk hydro 1 prowalk gear drive) and I have had not 1 issue with them. They mow all day without issue (I mow 4 apt complexs at roughly 15 acres each). I also have a bobcat that was part of a business I purchased and it performs pretty well. I has 2 scags and they were good mowers but they are too expensive not only to buy but parts are bad too. I love my gravelys and I wouldn't change them for anything.

dclawnfl
10-14-2011, 04:45 PM
jd man lovem just not the price

MountainViewGreenskeeper
10-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Don't really have any imput on what you asked but have you looked into ferris at all? They seem to be taking over the market here aside from exmark.

bradsnipes
10-19-2011, 09:54 PM
well today i bought the Gravely pro turn 252 HD Commercial with a 27 HP Kawi....wow !!! This is one hell of a machine and built like a freakin tank. I think this machine is built better, and def feels better than any scag i have ever owned and the quality of cut is awesome !!! Plus the speed and handling of this machine is awesome !!! 13 mph forward and 6 reverse with tons of power in tall grass too !!
Brad Snipes w/ Lawnworks in South Carolina
:D