PDA

View Full Version : Do you partner or work with other companies?

ringahding1
10-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Trust & Communication are so hard to find these days. Could your "Competition" benefit your company?

cruzgardening
10-12-2011, 02:05 AM
hey there i work with other companies that do things that i do not provide my clients even though some of the masonry companies do provide lawn care service, i refer them anyways because i know most of my clients really like the work we provide. also there are 2 tree service companies that also provide lawn care services but since i know the guys really well they refer me to some accounts they won't take (too far for their service area) and i repay them by giving them all my tree service jobs.

lawn care so far i have not seen any benefit in me partnering with another company, i don't see any benefit to me or them

ringahding1
10-12-2011, 07:32 AM
hey there i work with other companies that do things that i do not provide my clients even though some of the masonry companies do provide lawn care service, i refer them anyways because i know most of my clients really like the work we provide. also there are 2 tree service companies that also provide lawn care services but since i know the guys really well they refer me to some accounts they won't take (too far for their service area) and i repay them by giving them all my tree service jobs.

lawn care so far i have not seen any benefit in me partnering with another company, i don't see any benefit to me or them

CRUZGARDENING; In reference to Lawn Care, you said it best "to far for their service are" This would be an opportunity to connect with those not in your direct service area, but are close to it. In other words find a trustworthy company that would be willing to just plain old send you all info from calls they get for service in your area and VICE VERSA. We work closely with 2 companies this way & no conflict has arisen all season.

hawthornelawncare
10-12-2011, 11:11 PM
I would say partnering is a great thing. As we small buisnesses need to stick togethar. Even if you partner with a company that does things you would normally do sometimes you may not be in the mood to do it. So out source it and maybe make a little profit. You may not always get referals from them for lawn care to you but just hang in there and things will turn around. Partnering with other companies isnt just about what you will get out of it or what clients you will get out of it.

Upscale2
10-14-2011, 02:22 PM
My company has partnered with a Fine Gardening Contractor. They send me high-end lawn maintenance jobs. It works well for me and we don't have to send any business their way.

ringahding1
10-22-2011, 10:27 AM

We also know many contractors that are not in the same field as us that we refer our customers to.

Steve
10-24-2011, 05:26 PM
What's the best way to go out there and meet up with others and offer to work with them on some kind of strategic partnership?

ringahding1
10-25-2011, 12:01 AM
What's the best way to go out there and meet up with others and offer to work with them on some kind of strategic partnership?
Simply call them.
Strategic: Offer a no-compete.

cruzgardening
10-25-2011, 12:27 AM
CRUZGARDENING; In reference to Lawn Care, you said it best "to far for their service are" This would be an opportunity to connect with those not in your direct service area, but are close to it. In other words find a trustworthy company that would be willing to just plain old send you all info from calls they get for service in your area and VICE VERSA. We work closely with 2 companies this way & no conflict has arisen all season.

i was thinking about that for a while already but i service my whole county so it would be kind of weird for others giving me the clients they do not want because sooner or later i will be creeping into their cities, now if clients from another county call me, which is rare, i would consider giving them to other lawn care companies.

ringahding1
10-30-2011, 12:02 AM
i was thinking about that for a while already but i service my whole county so it would be kind of weird for others giving me the clients they do not want because sooner or later i will be creeping into their cities, now if clients from another county call me, which is rare, i would consider giving them to other lawn care companies.

Realistically this may be something in our future also, but our county is sooo big it would be hard for us to be 100% serviceable right now, so we focus on our direct community. It actually has been very effective because the companies we work with feel the same about their communities.

F3Nelson
10-30-2011, 10:24 PM
I did it years ago, the last time I had a lawn company and it worked GREAT.

I didnt do fert, they didnt mow, we swapped business all the time, and it was a high end company, meaning ALL the clients paid, and paid a little better than the avg yard.

cruzgardening
11-01-2011, 04:12 AM
Realistically this may be something in our future also, but our county is sooo big it would be hard for us to be 100% serviceable right now, so we focus on our direct community. It actually has been very effective because the companies we work with feel the same about their communities.

Our company is growing fast the first months i only wanted to service my immediate community but i got lots of calls from all over the county and i could not say no so the ones from far away i charged more some kept me some dropped me but so far we are at a steady 76 accounts i started early this year and i am looking into expanding even more i hope to double my size by early next year it will be hard work but someone has to do it and i live in Los angeles county, a big county :)

ringahding1
11-01-2011, 06:00 AM
Our company is growing fast the first months i only wanted to service my immediate community but i got lots of calls from all over the county and i could not say no so the ones from far away i charged more some kept me some dropped me but so far we are at a steady 76 accounts i started early this year and i am looking into expanding even more i hope to double my size by early next year it will be hard work but someone has to do it and i live in Los angeles county, a big county :)

I'm not saying partnering is for every company, because some need to track down every job lead. If we did any fertilization or big landscaping work that would be big $$$, then we would commute. We solely focus on mowing, clean up & snow. We could easily be @ 200 accounts this year, but we would also have one heck of a FUEL bill, not that we don't already! :mad: So really it's about making connections with others for the future. How do you get you name out there?