PDA

View Full Version : Snow Plowing Hourly Rate

kvallas
10-05-2011, 04:48 PM
I am new to snow plowing and was wandering what everyone charges per hour. I am going to bid on snow plowing for a small town and they are taking bids per hour. Thanks for any help

Steve
10-05-2011, 07:57 PM
I am going to bid on snow plowing for a small town and they are taking bids per hour.

Is this a government bid? You should be able to gain access to the previous years winning bid and see how they bid it. Have you looked into that?

kvallas
10-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Yes it is a government bid. I was going to tommorrow but still was wanting some advice as government bids are money losers sometimes

Steve
10-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Have you calculated your overhead and operating expenses? Do you know how much you need to charge per hour to make enough money to cover your expenses and make a profit?

There is a free snow plow estimation calculator (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=43299#post43299) on the forum here that can help you calculate your costs.

Then from there, because snow plowing prices will vary from area to area, it would be beneficial to ask around to your friends and family in the area that pay for snow plowing services and see what they pay. Some of your friends may have access to snow plowing bids for work or for their home owner associations. All the information you could get would be helpful.