PDA

View Full Version : Bob Dean

Bobinma54
10-04-2011, 06:59 PM
My name is Bob from Shrewsbury Massachusetts. I just started my business a few months ago. I am still in the beginning stages of the start up so I'm really looking forward to next year.

I use to run an Automotive Repair shop years ago, and learned a lot from that experience.

Just wish I knew how to edit my profile...

Bob

PS...Great site and resources

Steve
10-05-2011, 07:49 PM
I use to run an Automotive Repair shop years ago, and learned a lot from that experience.

Hi Bob,

Welcome to our forum.

That is a very interesting background you have with running a shop.

What did you like or dislike about that business and what kinds of skills do you feel you have been able to bring forwards with you into the lawn care business?

Bobinma54
10-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Hi Bob,

Welcome to our forum.

That is a very interesting background you have with running a shop.

What did you like or dislike about that business and what kinds of skills do you feel you have been able to bring forwards with you into the lawn care business?

Hi Steve...
I have always been very organized and always ran my business to look professional. I bring that and my business sense here to this new business, but I also learned about managing people, how to treat them and motivate them so they feel like part of a team and that they make a difference.

I also enjoy the challenge of growing a business and making it run more efficiently. What I accomplish I will pass on to my son Jon.

Why did I start this venture? I took my hobby and mechanical skills and started something I enjoy doing. There are so many dead end jobs out there and I had my share of them. Job security? There isn't any job security any more so why not take a chance and enjoy the ride?

Bob

Steve
10-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Very interesting! Did you stop enjoying working on cars? What didn't you like about that business?