PDA

View Full Version : S &L Mowing

Steve Rhine
10-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Hello to all
Let me start by saying that I have been in business for a bout three years.
Still struggling to have enough lawns to mow . I know my biggest problem is that I didn't advertize enough this year. I currently have just 8 lawnsand would like to expand to 15 or so . I guess my question is at what point do you start makeing money and at what point do say enough is enough.
I mean if I'm not makeing money with 8 yards is 15 going to be any better.
Thanks for any comments and God Bless
Steve Rhine

Steve
10-05-2011, 05:12 PM
I currently have just 8 lawnsand would like to expand to 15 or so . I guess my question is at what point do you start makeing money and at what point do say enough is enough.
I mean if I'm not makeing money with 8 yards is 15 going to be any better.

Steve,

Welcome to our forum.

There is an answer in here somewhere, I just have to look into it further. What is your view on why you are not making money yet? Even with the 8 customers you have?

SouthallMowing
10-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Just a bit of advice, someone will chime in if I'm wrong. I'm only 17, "I don't know much". But If you only have 8 lawns right now, how much time does it take? 4 or 5 hours? Lets say you want to have 15, at about 35 minutes a piece, Roughly 9 hours. Nice and easy to spread out over 5 or 6 days. "Too much" is when you're working 40 hours a week, and then some overtime. Don't get me wrong, it's great money if you can go at it like some of those people. But I'd say go for 15 next year, try a few bi-weekly or one time mowings mixed in, if you can handle it, go all in. It's just a matter of what YOU can do. Just keep in mind, NEVER do more than you and only you can handle. Learned that this year when I hired someone, and they just stopped working. Experiment, see what works. You'd be surprised at what works sometimes.