PDA

View Full Version : The Aftermath

CHEESE2009
10-04-2011, 01:48 AM
Thank god this seasons almost over with.

.... what a disaster.

62% of my clients have made their payments.

56% of my clients have never paid on time.

41% of my clients are worth taking again.

12% of my clients have received warnings.

4% of my clients have been let go.

29% Equipment repairs throughout the season/ weekly.

11% of my total income is what I have left to live on.

60% of the local companies have downsized.

http://img3.visualizeus.com/thumbs/09/11/01/depression,rain,sad,tears-00dde72986e4b1af1bf53a8132f039f3_m.jpg

Golly.

Steve
10-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Reflecting on these statistics, will anything be done differently to change them for next year?

What's your view on that?

CHEESE2009
10-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Reflecting on these statistics, will anything be done differently to change them for next year?

What's your view on that?

Well, if I start looking more beautiful, maybe my clients will actually enjoy paying me.

other than that, I could do up a contract - but I end up looking like an arse every time I try writing something LOL.

Handing out invoices is frustrating, there is already so much to do it's hard to keep at it. All of my clients know when to pay, but they will never pay unless I kinda give them a nudge. Next year I'm going to be more straightforward, more distant when it comes to the relationship of me and a client so I never have an awkward time telling them how unreliable they are.

Steve
10-06-2011, 05:32 PM
How much of all this do you think is you or how much of it is the customers? Is it possible these customers are just problem customers and there are others out there that would interact better with you? Or what is your view?

Dragger
10-07-2011, 04:47 AM
Next year I'm going to be more straightforward, more distant when it comes to the relationship of me and a client so I never have an awkward time telling them how unreliable they are.

I have one that has his payment sent each month from his bank automatically and almost every time it is late and I have to call him ,finally last month I told him his bank was very unreliable and he would have to pay using PayPal and the invoice was in his email account waiting for him to pay.
I took away his ability to blame the bank this way,but did not make it seem like I was being an a$$ towards him.

SECTLANDSCAPING
10-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Some of your threads make me roll but not getting paid is a serious matter. I have a habit of dropping clients that dont pay on time. I had one get irate when I sent a letter of collection two months after payment was due. Another commercial client paid 5 months late after I sent a final notice with threats of a lawsuit. Another guy paid over 2 months late and was expecting me to keep coming back when I was never paid the first time.

PayPal and the invoice was in his email account waiting for him to pay.
I took away his ability to blame the bank this way,but did not make it seem like I was being an a$$ towards him.
One problem with paypal now is spammers send fake emails saying you received money or paid for something. Eventually they get ignored and thats when the real bill comes.