PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of ZBeast

hansenslawncare
10-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Has anyone heard/used Z Beast equipment? I'm considering purchasing their walk behind for next season but I haven't heard much of the company. Just wondering if some of the seasoned pros can give me some input? Thanks a lot.

Website
http://www.beastpowerequipment.com/54zb.php

wandfsmall
10-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Has anyone heard/used Z Beast equipment? I'm considering purchasing their walk behind for next season but I haven't heard much of the company. Just wondering if some of the seasoned pros can give me some input? Thanks a lot.

Website
http://www.beastpowerequipment.com/54zb.php

Look them up, you will find lots of complaints about the few units they have sold. and good luck getting service and I do not know of any service centers for them.

Steve
10-05-2011, 06:51 PM
What's your view on why you were considering one of these models versus a commercial unit?

Ryan's Lawn Care
10-05-2011, 10:14 PM
its a cool lookin mower id say, but it's from home depot so i woulnt spend my money on it the trans will prolly poop out on it.

hansenslawncare
10-06-2011, 01:47 PM
I was under the impression that they were commercial.

Steve
10-06-2011, 05:48 PM
My guess is nothing they sell at the big box stores is commercial grade. I think at best it is prosumer. Where it promotes that it is top of the line consumer grade. However like wandfsmall said, who will service it?

These big box stores like to sell things that look cool and rugged but if you are using it for commercial purposes, you may find you quickly out use it's designed lifespan.

alexslawncare
10-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Look up the stanly mowers, they are basically the same.... I haven't heard good or bad about ether, but i would stay clear of them... I think you should check out bobcat. i think they have the best cut i have found so far, i have about 150 hours into zero turn/commercial lawn equipment research. but its upto you. let me know what you think of it if you get it. :cool:

hansenslawncare
10-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Thanks a lot for all the "thoughts" on the Z Beast...I think I'll stay away from them and look into a company that's "proven" themselves with a commercial grade mower...

Richard

jymie
10-10-2011, 10:12 AM
I read the following review on that site:

I purchased this mower through Home Depot online - it now has 50 hours on it, and I have spent countless time repairing it. Now the triaxle drive has burnt out and Home Depot will not stand behind it. I have owned the mower for less than 90 days. It throws belts, bolts continue to rattle out of it, you cannot adjust the deck as it was shipped to me out of alignment, it is nearly impossible to adjust the hydrostatic drive so that the mower does not move when it is supposed to be in neutral, no-one knows where to get parts for it, and no-one wants to work on it because they have never heard of it before. BUY A DIFFERENT BRAND FROM A DIFFERENT VENDOR!

I would say that this mower is not going to hold up to commercial work loads.