PDA

View Full Version : Catching them in the act

Steve
03-29-2007, 08:11 PM
WOW Can you imagine catching a theif in the act of stealing your equipment and then taking them on with a crow bar?

The theif got away. But not for long. He left his ID at the scene.

What a story!

Suspect leaves ID at crime (http://www.dailypressandargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070329/NEWS01/703290319/1002) - Livingston County Undersheriff Michael Murphy said the 20-year-old suspect and an unidentified person broke into a construction trailer at Screener's Landscape Supply, 110 Swarthout Road, at about 3 a.m. Wednesday to steal tools.

They were in the process of gathering tools and placing the items in a pile when the business' owner, Ed Sobecki, 40, a resident of Monroe County, heard a noise. Sobecki had worked late and, to avoid a long drive home, spent the night in a camper at the site of the business, according to the Sheriff's Department.

Sobecki grabbed a flashlight and went to look. He saw one person fleeing, then remembers being struck in the head by what police later learned was a crowbar.

"There was quite a fight between (the suspect) and the owner, who was able to retaliate," the undersheriff explained. "The owner was able to get the crowbar and hit him on the head with it and the flashlight."

PremierLand
03-29-2007, 11:02 PM
atleast the police are doing something about it. I know people who have had their trailer stolen, saw their trailer a week later with their lettering still on it in detroit, called the cops said "hey I had my trailer stolen and I am following it right now, can you guys come get the guy" and the police wouldnt.