PDA

View Full Version : A look inside TruGreen

Steve
03-28-2007, 05:02 PM
$65,000 for Regional manager of TruGreen LandCare. Do you think that is high, low or on target?

Huge green thumb (http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/careers/bal-bz.wk.atwork28mar28,0,6380317.story?coll=bal-careers-headlines) - Salary - $65,000 Herman works 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. His territory includes Baltimore City and the Interstate 83 corridor. He serves as the main customer contact for about 60 commercial clients with contracts ranging from $2,500 to $140,000. He keeps in touch with clients on a regular basis and says fielding phone calls is a large part of his job.

Production, or making sure the work gets done, is also his responsibility. At the start of a job, he will walk his employees through the site to explain what needs to be done and what the client is expecting. He oversees about 20 employees.

His salary is partly based on commission, which comes from selling "enhancements" or additional services to his clients. These services can include tree installation, shrub removal and flower plantings. "Anything that's going to make the property better."

He also estimates he spends about 10 percent to 15 percent of his time in the field getting his hands dirty, but says he doesn't mind this part of the job at all. "It's a little bit more rewarding being out in the field because I know the job's getting done and it's getting done right."

tiedeman
03-28-2007, 08:28 PM
How many hours a year?

6:30am to 5pm is a long day in my opinion.

myrlin
03-29-2007, 01:14 PM
I just had a customer fire them for not doing the job right his lawn look like ####.they suck.

Barry