PDA

View Full Version : wording

Paineless Creations
09-25-2011, 11:23 AM
when billing your customers,

I have started doing a lot of clean up again, tree trimming etc. on the bill i hate writing went to dump, or dump fee. what do you guys write to keep it professional

or I am just over reacting

Liberty Landscaping LLC
09-25-2011, 11:25 AM
I use:
Clean Tree Branches, shrub clippings, and misc debry (Labor and Equipment incl)
Disposal fee

Hedgemaster
09-25-2011, 12:32 PM
I use:
Clean Tree Branches, shrub clippings, and misc debry (Labor and Equipment incl)
Disposal fee

Yes. "disposal" is the word I'd use to replace "dump".

Also note that "debry" is spelled "debris". ;)

Paineless Creations
09-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Aww yes "Disposal"

Thanks everybody

Hedgemaster
09-25-2011, 11:22 PM
If you really want to put a positive twist on it, mention "recycling".

In all of my advertising I mention that "Oak Leaf Lawn Service does not use a landfill - All organic material is taken to a recycling center to be made into compost".

I've had several people comment that they like that I recycle and some chose me for that alone. Nobody needs to know that I dump my debris there because it's convenient and truthfully, it's about the only place around that takes yard debris. (and yes, they DO recycle it into mulch and compost)

Growing Green
09-26-2011, 09:08 AM
How about "Brush Recycling Fee"?

I use "Brush Removal" on my invoices.

Matt

SECTLANDSCAPING
09-27-2011, 12:45 PM
If you really want to put a positive twist on it, mention "recycling".

In all of my advertising I mention that "Oak Leaf Lawn Service does not use a landfill - All organic material is taken to a recycling center to be made into compost".

I've had several people comment that they like that I recycle and some chose me for that alone. Nobody needs to know that I dump my debris there because it's convenient and truthfully, it's about the only place around that takes yard debris. (and yes, they DO recycle it into mulch and compost)

Thats a good idea. I did a basement clean out and I got the job when I mentioned I was taking the stuff to Goodwill, Salvation Army and Churches. For me its a win win. Its free and since it will be used it has less impact on the earth.

This past weekend was doing a brush removal job and the client had a yard sale. Afterwards they mentioned that they were going to see if there son will take it to the dump. I told my workers and they picked through it, all leaving with a box full of stuff. I also picked up a self propelled mower,non running push mower and lawn vac for $60

Being in the green industry its always good to practice what you preach.

Steve
09-28-2011, 06:26 PM
I did a basement clean out and I got the job when I mentioned I was taking the stuff to Goodwill, Salvation Army and Churches. For me its a win win. Its free and since it will be used it has less impact on the earth.

Maybe this service could keep you really busy in the winter? If you marketed that you take all the stuff to goodwill, maybe more people would feel better about it than just throwing out old stuff?

justin_time
09-28-2011, 06:36 PM
I put my good ol' trailer to use today. I hauled some materials into my trailer and inside the back of my truck for a lady that didn't have a trailer.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/IMG00037-20110928-1536.jpg