PDA

View Full Version : Priesters Lawn Service

mpriester
09-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Hi everyone. this is my first year at this andi have no complaints with 11 clients including 1 commercial account. Me and the wife do all the work. i have been thinking about starting a mowing service for a couple years and we decided to go for it this year. my equipment consists of a cub cadet 50" tractor, a ryobi ss30 trimmer a stihl fs45 trimmer(the wifes), a lawn sweeper, husqvarna blower, lawn sweeper, 2 push mowers, 2005 chevy 2500hd and a 6x12 mustang trailer. looking to add a snow blower soon.

Hedgemaster
09-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Welcome.

Sounds like you're off to a good start.
First full season for me too and it's going well. I think I have three times the amount of clients and no helper. Can I borrow your wife?

LOL!

Hey, since you mentioned a snowblower, check out this post from my snowblower thread to see how I haul mine around...
http://www.gopherforum.com/showpost.php?p=79505&postcount=28

Steve
09-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things are you looking to do bigger or differently in the next year?

mpriester
09-20-2011, 06:20 AM
Welcome.

Sounds like you're off to a good start.
First full season for me too and it's going well. I think I have three times the amount of clients and no helper. Can I borrow your wife?

LOL!

Hey, since you mentioned a snowblower, check out this post from my snowblower thread to see how I haul mine around...
http://www.gopherforum.com/showpost.php?p=79505&postcount=28

Hi, i like the way you haul it, i'll probably just put mine in the back of the truck, i havent decided on what width to get but i keep leaning towards the 28" or 30".

mpriester
09-20-2011, 06:26 AM
Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things are you looking to do bigger or differently in the next year?

Hi, my main goal next year is to increase commercial accounts and send fliers and let word of mouth bring more residential, and also if all goes well add a second mower and a snow plow to the truck.